Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Release Time for His Prairie Sweetheart


It's finally here! The release of His Prairie Sweetheart!

What a journey this has been. From the Blurb2Book contest a year ago, through edits, and new titles, and fabulous cover art, research, field trips, scouting out experts in harps and the Norwegian language and collies...

So many fun things have happened to me as a result of writing this story. One of those was filling out the most detailed art fact sheet EVER! When a publisher begins designing cover art for a story, they ask the author for input. I picked out scenes that were pivotal in the book, gave my hero and heroine's main characteristics, scouted out pictures that I thought looked like them, detailed their wardrobes and the settings. It took hours to fill out all the pages of cover art direction.

But the results were very much worth it!!!

Here are the photographs I sent in for my hero Elias Parker, heroine Savannah Cox, and the beautiful collie, Captain.


This is the actor David Conrad. I first saw him in the TV series
 Ghost Whisperer, and I always thought he had a nice face.

I found this lovely lady on Pinterest by searching "Blonde Wedding Updo."
 The moment I saw her I knew she was Savannah Cox.


My wonderful friend and book reviewer Renee Chaw has beautiful collies,
and I asked if I could use one as a template for Captain,
Elias's dog in His Prairie Sweetheart. She graciously
 said yes and sent several photos. This one was my favorite
I cannot believe that the Love Inspired Historical art department nailed it so well! Elias is wearing the coat I described, Savannah's hair is spot on, the schoolhouse, the snow, the collie...Sigh. Perfect for the story!

As a little fillip to release week, the male cover model on the book, Samy Osman, posted on Facebook and Twitter about the cover! You can find the post by clicking HERE.

Samy has appeared on more than 60 Harlequin and Love Inspired covers. You can visit his website at www.samyosman.com

I believe I'll be requesting Samy Osman for my next story, since he closely resembles my bounty hunter, Thomas Beaufort....perhaps I have a type? :D

Anyway, to celebrate the release of His Prairie Sweetheart, I'm going to give away a copy of the book (ebook to international residents, ebook or print to US resident.) All you have to do to enter is use the rafflecopter form below!

For your blog comment, tell me if you've ever been to Minnesota. :)




a Rafflecopter giveaway

Executive Assistant
Earl Grey Aficionado
Find me on PINTEREST
Find me on GOODREADS
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

12 comments:

  1. I have been to MN many times. I live just over the border in WI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So...the question arises...are you a Packer fan????

      Delete
  2. Not been much of anywhere. Spent most of my life working. I love that the cover is just like you wanted. It's nice when the art department nails it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, once you get to retire, you can travel a bit! Put MN on your list!!!

      Delete
  3. I have been to MN many times, my ad used to live up there in the summer on one of the many lakes. Now don't ask me to remember which one, lol, that was many years ago.

    wfnren at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of lakes here! Which is funny, since in my home state of Kansas there are no natural lakes. The few they have were created by damming up streams. :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, I've been to MN to visit the homesite of Laura Ingalls Wilder, one of my favorite authors.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an EXCELLENT reason to come to MN. There are several LIW sites within driving distance for me. Pepin, WI, Burr Oak, IA, Walnut Grove, MN, and DeSmet, SD. :)

      Delete
  5. No, I've never been to Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, plan a visit someday! There's so much to do and see here, and MN is a beautiful and diverse state in history, geography, and people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't quite decide how to answer this question...when one is born and raised in Minnesota, and has only lived out of the state for about a year, what can I say?? ;) So happy for you and I LOVE that the cover model made himself known. Maybe he'll show up on one of my covers one day... :) Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) That's sort of a trick question for you, isn't it? LOL

      And yeah, having the cover model share on social media was great!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)