Monday, May 16, 2016

Readers Poll: Goodreads?

Readers: 
Do you use Goodreads website to look for books and reviews?

Goodreads is like a virtual word-of-mouth book list.
The four of us here at CCC like to list our books, reviews, and to-be-read lists at Goodreads.
I'm just curious how readers like to use Goodreads most? Visit our sites, browse around, and share your thoughts. Link up with other readers and authors.

Each of us has very different lists. Though many of our books overlap, you'll see a lot more suspense of Jaime's lists.

Click the link to check: Anne's Goodreads.

You'll find a lot of variety: writing craft books, LLMontgomery, Brennan Manning, Francine Rivers, Corrie ten Boom, Cindy McCormick Martinusen, Leon Uris, J.R.R. Tolkien, Tamera Alexander, James Alexander Thom....to mention a few faves.

Plot & Structure by James Scott Bell Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus by Brennan Manning Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom North of Tomorrow by Cindy McCormick Martinusen Armageddon by Leon Uris The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien From a Distance by Tamera Alexander Long Knife by James Alexander Thom

Click the link to check: Jaime's Goodreads

Jaime's page list her current published works, the reviews from our blog, and her latest reading list: (told you there was some suspense reading going on!)





Click the link to check: Erica's Goodreads

It lists Erica's latest reads and a few ratings, as well as the long list of books she's published if you need a reference for all her books! You can also ask-the-author questions on Erica's page.

Erica Vetsch rated a book it was amazing
The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly
Erica Vetsch has read
The Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly
Erica Vetsch finished reading
The Most Eligible Bachelor Romance Collection by Amanda  Barratt







Click the link to check: Gabrielle's Goodreads

Gabrielle has a robust list of books on her wish list, and a list of her published works as well. Sometimes it's nice to know the authors who've influenced us by checking our list of favorite authors. Here are just a few: 


Readers: 
Your turn.
Tell us if you use Goodreads.
How you use it, and what you like about it.
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter
Find me on: Instagram
Represented by Sarah Freese, WordServe Literary

12 comments:

  1. Goodreads is just one of many sights where I post my reviews after I read a book. Goodreads also allows me to guess at how many books I plan to read in a given year and keeps me informed if I'm meeting or exceeding my goal. Also there are many giveaways going on all the time and I've won a book or two. I get daily emails with reviews from those I'm friends with on Goodreads and what they are reading. I get lots of good suggestions and add to my want to read list almost daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like the yearly reading goals and progress too, and I like seeing a wish list.

      Delete
  2. I use Goodreads. I like to see the reviews and recommendations based on things that I have read. I also like being able to see what my friends are reading and have them recommend me books and vise-versa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's interesting how each friend's list is just a bit different.

      Delete
  3. Goodreads is one of my favorite places! I use it to keep track of the copious books i've read, the ones I own, categories, series, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your virtual library shelf, right!?

      Delete
  4. I actually only use Goodreads as another place to put reviews. I don't use it to find books at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For others to follow your reviews. That's great Susan!

      Delete
  5. I use Goodreads to keep track of the books I've read. I also post reviews there as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waving at you there, Caryl! :)

      Delete
  6. I use Goodreads to keep track of what I have read. I usually give the books I read a star rating, and if I really liked it a bit of a review.

    I also like to know what my 'friends' might have thought of a book I am reading or about to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. July will mark 5 years that I've been on Goodreads. I think my main reason for joining was to make it easier to know what books I'd read. I read so many that it's easy to lose track and I found myself starting to read a book only to find out that I had read it a few years before.
    Now, I can keep track of what books I've read, the ones I want to read, and the series I haven't finished. I post ratings and reviews and I'm part of a few groups that are just great! Some things I especially love about GR is giving and receiving reading recommendations, doing buddy reads, and making great book-loving friends! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)