Tuesday, May 3, 2016

#Beautiful Tuesday

Some work days are rough. Especially when my boss sends me off to a coffee shop to work in solitude and prepare for two days of a rigorous training that I'll be leading.  ;) He knows I need to focus and prepare so it's well done and worth it for those that will be learning from us. Teaching workshops may be one of my favorite parts of my job. Preparing for them a close second.

The sunshine is streaming in from the windows behind me as I curl up in a white, leather sofa with my salted caramel latte on a vintage steamer trunk.

I'm looking forward to lunch break too. Because these came.

Galley edits for "Gold Haven Heiress" -- part of Barbour Publishing's, "California Gold Rush Collection" coming out August 1st. My novella is the last of nine stories. I'm really pleased to read through this final, before-it-goes-to-print, copy to catch any final mistakes or changes that need to be made.

But yes ... day job first. Don't worry. I have ethics. I don't sit here editing when I'm supposed to be planning for my workshops.

Really, my point behind this entire post is to invite you into my beautiful Tuesday. Sometimes, as my sister says, you need to go away, just yourself, and "just breathe". So today, I'm breathing, deeply, of peace ... of tranquility ... of thankfulness that I have so many blessings in amidst the chaos.

A husband who would die for me without question ...
Kids who think I hang the moon ...
Sisters who embrace me on a week when I feel crushed ...
A boss who knows when and where I am more profitable and sends me there ...
A God who teaches me how to chill ...

What is a blessing of your beautiful Tuesday?


Professional coffee drinker and best-selling author, Jaime Jo Wright, resides in the hills of Wisconsin writing spirited and gritty turn-of- the-century romance stained with suspense. Her day job finds her working as a Director of Sales & Associate Relations. She’s wife to a rock climbing, bow-hunting Pre-K teacher, mom to a coffee-drinking little girl and a little boy she fondly refers to as her mischievous “Peter Pan.” Jaime completes her persona by being an admitted social media junkie and a coffee snob. She is a member of ACFW, has seen her work on both the ECPA and Publisher’s Weekly top ten best-sellers list for inspirational fiction, and has the best writing sisters ever!

www.jaimejowright.com
www.facebook.com/jaimejowright
twitter.com/jaimejowright
pinterest.com/jaimejowright
Instagram.com/jaimejowright
Periscope: @jaimejowright

1 comment:

  1. A very understanding family as I write like a crazy woman to finish this book by my deadline. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)