Thursday, March 24, 2016

#Throwback Thursday: The Spirit of St. Louis

I'm traveling home today from a week vacation in Hawaii. Next week, I'll share some of the highlights.

For now, here's a little Throwback Thursday. Last year, I took my girls to Washington, D.C. to see The Spirit of St. Louis on the ground. This plane is special to me, because it was flown by Charles A. Lindbergh, the first person to fly solo and non-stop across the Atlantic Ocean. Charles grew up in my hometown and I worked at the Charles A. Lindbergh Historic Site for ten years.

Here I am with my daughters in April 2015 with
The Spirit of St. Louis behind us.
In 2001 I visited the National Air and Space Museum for the first time with my sister, Andrea, who also worked at the Lindbergh Historic Site. I love this picture, because we were so excited to be standing here, and several people looked at us with very strange expressions. :)
Here I am with my sister in October 2001 with
The Spirit of St. Louis behind us.
I'd love to know what favorite place you've visited with friends or family that holds significant value. Have you been back more than once?

Gabrielle Meyer
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about significant value but we went to Graceland to visit the home of Elvis. I enjoyed it because of growing up being taken to every movie he made by my mom.
    I also enjoyed visiting the Smithsonian in Washington DC. I'd love to go back there sometime. I remember especially the First Ladies ball gowns and Archie Bunkers chair!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)