Monday, March 28, 2016

The Great Reveal...

...and the day after.

Yesterday was Easter. The day the stone was rolled away, when early in the morning, Mary and three others came to the tomb.

The great reveal.
All that Jesus had said to that day, was revealed in his resurrection.
I can scarcely comprehend how all of history pointed to this moment.
Even less, I can hardly wrap my mind around, or make my heart understand the depths of his love.


I wonder...what was it like to be Mary waking up Monday morning after he had appeared?

I think I would pinch myself and wonder what crazy thing I'd just been a witness to.
I would wonder if it had all been real or imagined.
I would need to go find him again just to be sure I hadn't gone off my rocker.
I would ask him to tell me one more time, as he'd told those on the road to Emeaus, all that had been said, promised, told about the Messiah and how God had plainly completed His plan for my rescue.
For the rescue of the world.

If I had been Mary waking up the next morning...
I think I would open my eyes from slumber and just relive and remember all that he'd said and done.
I would wonder how I had not seen the forrest for all the trees.
I would be worried that in telling everyone about the big picture, the big story, that I might leave out an important detail.
I would want him to stick around and keep explaining and retelling the story until I was sure I'd gotten all right.
I would be afraid of telling the story, and more afraid not to tell it.

But more than anything, I'd wonder if everyone would really and truly get just how much he loved.
How deep, how wide, and wonderful his love is.

I'd wonder if those who heard the story would really and truly get how he rocked the foundations of the unseen universe and set straight a path for victory over death, decay, bondage, sickness, sadness, anger, and hatred.

I'd remember the night when Peter wanted to usher in an earthly reign, a throne for Jesus that would have far limited his eternal rule over the Evil One in a way I could never have understood that night.

I'd want the world to know the look, the love in Him when he looked at me in the garden yesterday morning--how in a moment of revelation--I knew everything he'd said was true--how in one moment, such revelation changed everything forever.

I would hope that moment of revelation....could come to everyone...

_____

Luke 24:1 &2 But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb...

-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook 
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Twitter
Find me on: Goodreads 

2 comments:

  1. I think I'd be more like doubting Thomas and have to actually touch the scars in his hands.
    Just think, he actually walked around for 40 days and think of all he appeared to so they would spread the word that he's alive! And he ATE in his glorified body! That means we will too, and not gain weight. How marvelous, how wonderful is my Savior's love for me!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)