Wednesday, March 23, 2016

New Scrapbook Pages & A New Book Announcement!




Erica Here: Warning, this post is VERY image heavy. :)

As some of you know, whenever I have a writing milestone or new book out, I like to create a page in my writing scrapbook to commemorate the event. For the past little while, my printer has been on the fritz, so I have gotten behind in creating new pages. However, with a brand new printer installed, it was time to catch up. Many thanks to my daughter, Heather, for playing scrapbook with me and helping create so many new pages for the book. :)

If you would like to see previous pages in the scrapbook, check out my posts about it on my old blog: http://onthewritepath.blogspot.com/search?q=scrapbook






Here is the completed page for The Cactus Creek Challenge! We had created one previously, but we didn't have the cover art, and the old page didn't match AT ALL! I love what Heather did with this one. She included all the fun elements of the story, even a wedding cake and a horse to represent a couple of subplots.



She included the fact that The Cactus Creek Challenge received a Publisher's Weekly Starred Review!! 



I love that she included a little picture of an outhouse, since the exploding outhouse scene is one of my favorites in the book!



This page is for my RedBud/Serenade novella The Trail Boss's Bride. there are two covers, since it was released as part of a collection and also as a single title. 




"Little Critter" is what the cowboys in The Trail Boss's Bride call the baby girl who is born during the story. 




I especially love the picture frame sticker I found and how the book cover fit right in! :)




This page is to commemorate the repackaged/reissued titles I've had recently. The Love is Patient and Where the Heart Is collections feature four of my novellas that originally appeared in the Sagebrush Knights Collection.




I left space on this page for the cover art for The Log Cabin Christmas Collection, which will release in large print through Thorndike/Ulverscroft soon!




This is a page of newspaper clippings and catalog entries that I've been collecting. (In one of the headlines my last name is misspelled. :D )




This page has been almost completed for awhile. It just lacked cover art. 




I did add a couple of elements, a row of sewing themed buttons and a sticker of a dress-maker's dummy, since my heroine is a seamstress in the story.




Cover art, on a 'flannel shirt inspired' plaid paper completed this page.




I just love these little dresses. They represent the three adorable little girls that Bear gets dropped into his lap. Each dress has its own little embellishment, lace, a flower, a belt...Heather did a great job with this page.




Cover art for The Most Eligible Bachelor Collection. 




The title of my novella, written in hieroglyphs. 




Art supplies, since my heroine is an accomplished artist.




Here is the page for His Prairie Sweetheart! Snowflakes!!! The original title was The Snowflake Bride, since the story takes place in the fictional town of Snowflake, Minnesota. 




I love what Heather did with this page. She included so many story elements. A Norwegian flag, since Snowflake is a mostly Norwegian settlement, a photo of Renee Chaw's amazing collie who inspired the character Captain in the book, schoolhouse touches, since the heroine is a schoolteacher, and a quote from Hans Christian Anderson that embodies the story. "Where words fail, music speaks." When Savannah can't communicate with her Norwegian-speaking pupils, she decides to use music to help them learn. It's PERFECT!




She also included across the bottom "Romantic Times Top Pick! Four & a Half Stars" because That Happened This Week! :D 




And now for an announcement!!!! 


I have a new book releasing in January of 2017!


I am thrilled to launch a new line of historical fiction for Barbour Publishing. The books are considered 'destination romances' and will all be titled according to location as "My Heart Belongs In..."


My story is set in Fort Bliss, Texas
and is titled Priscilla's Reveille.


Here is a bit about the book:


Fashion artist Priscilla Hutchens has a grudge against the army. The military has ruined her family and taken from her the people she holds most dear. When her niece and nephew are left orphaned at Fort Bliss, Texas, she is on a mission to get custody of them as soon as possible. There’s just one thing standing in the way. The post surgeon, Major Elliot Ryder, who also has a claim to the children. They’ll cross swords, but each will have to lay down arms if they’re to find a lasting peace and the love and family both are longing for.




Isn't the cover art stunning? The Franklin Mountains in the background, and a field of Mexican poppies...this is just what the desert around Fort Bliss would've looked like in the 1870's after a rain. 




This is Major Ryder, the hero of the story. (Actually, it's a photograph of a post physician who served at Fort Larned, Kansas in the 1870's. I think he looks like Kurt Russell as Wyatt Earp in Tombstone, don't you?) Handsome and brave! :)




Each of the small photographs pertains to the story. The heroine is a catalog artist for a women's fashion magazine in the east, so I included a picture from a Godey's Ladies' Book from the 1870's. The flower photograph is because the hero is working on an herbal journal of medicinal plants in the American West. The heroine agrees to do the drawings for the journal. And the bottom picture is of the current reproduction museum of Old Fort Bliss, in El Paso, Texas. This is what the fort would've looked like in the 1870's.




The quote to the left is from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, and says "It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun." 


There are a couple more pages in the works, and I will share that news as soon as I can, but for now, this was a big day of scrap-booking and laughter and celebrating all the blessings God is pouring on my writing life.


Do you Scrap-book?


Which of the pages above is your favorite?



Executive Assistant
Earl Grey Aficionado
Find me on PINTEREST
Find me on GOODREADS
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new book, Erica. Did I read correctly that you are personally in charge of this line for Barbour? Did you actually mean that your book is the first to be published under this line? Is there a website that gives more information about this new line?

    Your scrapbook pages look like they took a lot of hours to make. You must have a lot of fun putting them together. I think my favorite is A Bride for Bear. I love the simplicity and all those little dresses hanging on the line. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sylvia! I am not personally in charge of this new line of books from Barbour, I am honored to have been placed in the launch spot for the new line.

      The scrapbook pages are a lot of fun to put together, especially since my daughter and I do them together. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the new book! Looks good, and I love ALL you pages. LOL, they misspelled your name in a headline. Oy. I guess it wouldn't have gotten past spellcheck even if it was correct ;) I used to LOVE scrapbooking but it's one of those things that slowly fell by the wayside. I could actually fill my whole day with crafts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how much I enjoyed scrapbook making. :) I don't do it with family photos, of course, but for books, it's super fun! :D

      Delete
  3. I just love all of your scrapbook pages! And the fact that your daughter is involved also. What an awesome keepsake.

    Scrapbooking is dear to my heart. I just love it when I see others doing it also. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melinda, having Heather as part of the process is what makes it the most fun! :)

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to reading your new book and the subsequent ones to follow. I don't scrapbook. I do good to just put pictures in albums but most of mine are just stacked in boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail, most of my family photos are on my computer! The only scrapbook I have is this one for my writing journey. Does that make me a bad mom?

      Delete
  5. Congratulations!!! So excited for you and your new contract! The cover is gorgeous! Cannot wait to read this book.

    And I love your scrapbook pages! They're all gorgeous. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie! Thank you! I love the cover, too. I think it's going to be a fantastic line! :D

      Delete
  6. Congratulations!!! So excited for you and your new contract! The cover is gorgeous! Cannot wait to read this book.

    And I love your scrapbook pages! They're all gorgeous. You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful news, Erica! Congratulations! The cover is great, and I think its scrapbook page might be my favourite -- such a wonderful rich colour as a backdrop. Although I really like The Trail Boss's Bride page, too.

    The closest I come to your creativity is to make collages for inspiration as I write each of my stories. I do a little scrapbooking of family photos, too -- in sprees -- but my youngest daughter is the pro in our family. She creates beautiful pages in separate scrapbooks for her two children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! I love the red background, too.

      I admire moms who make scrapbooks for their children. And picture collages are great for inspiration!

      Delete
  8. I love your scrapbook pages,Erica (along with our stories!)My favorites are The Trail Boss's Bride (Love the frame sticker) and the one for Priscilla's Reveille.Although the page for A Bride For Bear has me really wanting to read the story.Thanks for this fun post,love your stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynne! I have a soft spot for Bear. I sure put him in some uncomfortable positions, landing him with those three little girls. :)

      Delete
  9. Awesome!! I love seeing this. I wish I scrapbooked. :) Congrats on the new Barbour book. I LOVE the cover art. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that cover pretty? I am thrilled with it!

      Delete
  10. What fun to create scrapbook pages to commemorate each of your books and writing successes. I love that you work with your daughter on them.

    Congratulations on your Fort Bliss book! What a thrill it must be to launch another line for Barbour, as you did their Bride books.

    I used to scrapbook back in my pre-writing days. I dream of doing so again when I get caught up. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled to launch another line for Barbour. Here's hoping this one lasts a long, long time and touches readers' hearts!

      Delete
  11. ERICA,Congratulations on your new book with Barbour! I love your scrapbooking pages. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, my scrapbooked pages look nothing like yours!!! Lovely! Congrats on your new release, Erica!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)