Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March Madness is Underway!


Erica Here: Anyone who knows me, knows I am a loyal Kansas Jayhawks fan. I love KU basketball. From November to hopefully early April every year, I follow the team, watch the games, read the articles, check the forums, and cheer hard.

In the off-season, I follow the team, re-watch the games, read the articles, check the forums, and wait for November. :)


And when March rolls around, and it's tournament time, things get even more exciting! The NCAA Men's Basketball tournament to determine an overall champion gets underway. Bracket announcements, seedings, upsets, Cinderellas, and dancing shoes. It's the most wonderful time of the year!


This year is no different, with my Jayhawks the No. 1 overall seed, playing well, and expected to go far in the tournament.

And I am on deadline. Two deadlines, in fact. But, the Jayhawks! Ack!!! How can I juggle both my passions at a time when both are clamoring for my attention????

I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

1. Plan ahead. I know March Madness is coming each year, and I know (at least for the last 27 years straight) that Kansas will play in the tournament. 

2. Separate the two. NCAA Basketball happens Thursday-Sunday over the course of three weeks. So Monday through Wednesday, do more writing. 

3. Enjoy the madness! Embrace the madness! While the tournament is going on, do some writerly things like blog posts, art cover sheet picture searches, broad-stroke future story idea plotting. And while the writing days are happening, reward reaching certain goals by watching a podcast or reading an ESPN article. 

Everything in life is a balance. Sometimes the tightrope is higher and smaller than at others, but that's what makes it exciting, right?

Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, and Write On!!!

What passions of yours do you have to balance?





Executive Assistant
Earl Grey Aficionado
Find me on PINTEREST
Find me on GOODREADS
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

2 comments:

  1. You RE-WATCH the games? Fandom at a whole 'nother level ;)

    Balance....still working on it. So many passions, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Jayhawk nerdiness knows no bounds. :D

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)