Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

St. Patrick's Day isn't a huge celebration in my small town, but it's a big deal in St. Paul where there were many Irish immigrants. I have a little Irish in me, but I don't know much about St. Patrick's Day, so I did a little research.


St. Patrick was born in the fourth century and was the child of a deacon and the grandchild of a priest of the Christian church. When he was sixteen, he was kidnapped and taken to Ireland where he was a shepherd for six years, and during that time he found God. When he returned to his home in Britain, he became a priest and then went back to Ireland to spread the Gospel of Christ. He used the three-leaved shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity.

March 17th is the date of St. Patrick's death and the day chosen to celebrate his life and work.

Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? If so, how do you celebrate?




Gabrielle Meyer

Find me on Facebook

Find me on Pinterest

Find me on Twitter

Find me on Amazon

Find me on Goodreads

Find me on My Website

1 comment:

  1. Yes, thanks Gabe! We wear green and think of our heritage. My husband and I have done our DNA research at 23&Me and he is about 40% Irish and I'm about 12% Irish. On St. Patrick's Day we think of our Irish friends, and my daughter who leaves tomorrow for Dublin to visit her boyfriend. I can't wait for pictures. She goes back to Dublin again after graduation for a two month internship and we are planning our first visit there. Simply. Can't. Wait. So, this isn't the last our readers will hear about Ireland!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)