Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Five things I have learned about Jaime Jo Wright

Erica Here:

It is launch week for Jaime Jo Wright's FIRST EVER PUBLISHED WORK! Squee! We've awaited this day for a long time!!!

So, in honor of release week, I thought I'd share with you some things I have learned about Jaime in the seven years we've known each other.

1. She's ridiculously photogenic.

I know, right?
2. She takes her coffee very, very seriously.

Jaime with one of her little coffee beans.
3. She's an odd mix of girlie-girl and tomboy. (Not unlike her daughter.)

Note the animal skins,, bow, and hair pretty...
4. She is the QUEEN of selfies...yet somehow, it doesn't come across as narcissistic.

I can never decide if she's taking a picture of herself or her coffee....
5. She is a wonderful friend.

This is a picture of Jaime taking a picture of me taking a picture of her while we were on a writing day together. She's so much fun, and I'm so excited for her first release, and privileged to have gotten to be along this friendship journey with her.

I hope we have TONS of release days to celebrate together!!!


From reading this blog, FB, or in real life, what have YOU learned about Jaime?

12 comments:

  1. She's probably mentioned this before but the fact that she couldn't stand her husband when she first met him and then wound up marrying him!
    My daughter's husband was crazy about her but she not so much about him. She prayed that God would change her heart if he really meant for them to be together.
    I'm over the moon excited for Jaime. And I've been following this blog for a long time and reading about her struggles to be published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has told me that story, and in person it's even more knock-down funny! :D

      Delete
    2. Gail, you have been such a source of encouragement to me. THANK YOU!!! <3

      Delete
  2. She truly is the only person I know who can take a million selfies and never once seem narcissistic! How is that possible, it's an amazing gift she must have. Also, she makes me feel "normal" in my coffee obsession. And it is an obsession, I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know, right???? Anyone else and I'd be "Get over the selfie thing already!" But with Jaime, I just love every one!

      Delete
    2. LOL!!! I tell myself that Erica!! :) Susan? You. ME. Coffee. It works. :)

      Delete
  3. I love Jaime! She's one of those awesome people who knows exactly who she is, and she shares her gifts and talents liberally. She's passionate about her peeps and she's lavish with her love. I'm so happy and excited for her!!! What a great way to honor her and her first release week, Erica!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've described her perfectly!!!

      Delete
    2. STOP! Tears. Ugh. Wow. <3 You bless me, Gabe.

      Delete
  4. I love Jaime's selfies. :) I'm not sure if we've met in person, but whenever I see her smiling face, I always feel like I'm looking at a kindred spirit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being a kindred spirit to so many different people is one of Jaime's super-powers. :)

      Delete
    2. I think we said "hi" once and admired each other's Chucks -- back in the day. But yeah, I believe we are def the kindreds! :)

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)