Thursday, March 3, 2016

Book Cover Setting Ideas

Two weeks ago I blogged about the pictures I sent my publisher to help them find cover models. This week I thought I'd share the pictures and inspiration I sent for my setting.

First, Love Inspired Historical asked for three scene ideas for the cover. I needed to think of three important scenes in the book that convey the heart of the story, and would make a good cover. For A Mother in the Making (releasing in September), I immediately identified what three scenes that would be.

First Scene Idea:
  • Third Floor Attic Nursery
  • Heroine (the governess) is playing blind man's bluff with the children. She's wearing a blindfold and the hero walks up and taps her on the shoulder. She thinks it's the oldest son, and throws her arms around him, thinking she's caught him and won the game. Instead, her arms are around the hero. :)
Pictures I sent for inspiration:






Second Scene Idea:
  • Hero and Heroine have been shopping downtown for Christmas, with the four children, and are walking out of the theater about to get into their Model T Ford.
  • The movies play an important part in the story. 
Pictures I sent for inspiration:







Third Scene Idea:
  • Heroine is about to leave town on Christmas morning, but the hero goes to the depot to stop her from making a mistake.
  • It doesn't take much for the hero to convince her to stay. :)
Pictures I sent for inspiration:







Those are the three scene suggestion I sent to my publisher. I have no idea which one they will choose, but I can't wait to find out!

Your Turn: Which of the three scenes do you like the best?

***I have a winner from last week's drawing!! The winner of the four February Love Inspired Historical novels is: Cheryl Baranski!! Cheryl, I'll be sure to send you a message and get those stories to your Kindle right away!! Congratulations!!***

Gabrielle Meyer
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website

3 comments:

  1. I love the kissing one and the next to the last one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be so interesting to see what the cover designers come up with! I don't know when I'll get a peek at my cover, but when I do, I'll be sure to share it here!

      Delete
  2. How fun! I can't wait to see the cover design! I think I like the depot scenes the best!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)