Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Word Sowers Christian Writer's Conference

Erica here:

I am pleased to be teaching a workshop this April at the Words of Life 2016 Christian Writer's Conference, put on by the Omaha Word Sowers!

Word Sowers Christian Writer's Group exists to encourage, educate, and connect writers, and their number one priority is to glorify God!

They have a stellar lineup of classes taught by some fantastic folks. Best-selling authors and industry professionals will speak on topics ranging from the craft of fiction to writing for magazines to treating your writing as a business.

I'll be teaching on using a plot board to map out your story. It's a hands-on style of plotting that calls for lots of post-its and colored pens! And what writer can resist office supplies? :D

There are many other classes as well, and several that I am eager to attend myself. As a bonus, I'll get to hang out with my dear friend Mary Connealy and meet one of my favorite writers, Cheryl St. John in person!!!!! Squee! :D

It's a great conference for a great price! You can find more information by using the link below.

http://wordsowers.com/upcoming-events/annual-conference/

If you live in the Mid-west, if you're thinking of becoming a writer, if you want to know more about what it takes to be a writer, if you're an established writer who wants to connect and learn and fellowship with others of like mind, check out this conference and sign up! :)


QUESTION: Have you ever been to a writer's conference? When, where, and what were your impressions?

4 comments:

  1. Never been, never will. Have no writing aspirations. But Mary Connealy, love her books and y'all's style reminds me a lot of each other Erica. Tell her hi for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valuable commentary ! I was enlightened by the analysis , Does someone know if my business can get access to a sample OH GEN-4268 example to type on ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathrina, my friend filled out a fillable OH GEN-4268 copy using this https://goo.gl/dtwAQH.

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)