Tuesday, January 26, 2016

What to fill your #coffee mug with

Winter begs for me to curl up with a good book and coffee. I'm currently reading the upcoming release from Dani Pettrey, Cold Shot and it is SOOOOOO good. But I need coffee to go with it. I know a lot of you love tea, but that's really Erica's "genre" of drink. So for those of you who love coffee and for those of you who dabble in it, I thought I'd share some of my favorites!!

Highlander Grogg is a go-to standby. Of course, I prefer it in the expensive, fair-trade bean style, but you can find this flavor in the more common grocery store bags too. It's warm and pleasant and not bitter.

Guatemalan is probably one of my favorites. I'm totally spoiled because my husband takes missions trip to Antigua and hauls back pounds of beans roasted over an open fire pit on a coffee plantation for me. I'm spoiled. I admit it.

There's a flavor at my local coffee shop called San Franciscan. Picture a dark roast, sort of like French roast, but without the bitter and super smooth. It's delish, and sort of smoky-flavored. This one I love on Wednesday mornings when it's hump day and I'm soooooo getting in the mood for something to help me over the hill.

When I want something nutty to match my personality, I choose Macadamia Nut. It's everything you want a nutty flavored coffee to be. Warm, soothing, sinus-infusing deliciousness. Sinus infusing only because I smell deeply of it before each sip 'cause it smells sooooooo good.

Yep. These are just a few of my coffee faves to go with my latest read.

What's in your cup and what book is going along with it? Leave a comment and I'll draw a winner of some coffee! :)


11 comments:

  1. For my cheap everyday use, the Dark Fair Trade stuff from ALDI...I know, I know probably sacrilegious to the true coffee connoisseurs. ;) I like it though...for special times I like Havana Nights or Cafe del Fuego? from The Bean, or Sumatra from SBux ;) I did read the Painter's Daughter by Klassen after you talked about it and I liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not tried the Dark Fair Trade from ALDIS. I'll have to try it before casting judgement ;)

      Delete
  2. Ooooo...I forgot...I LOVE Komodo Dragon from SBux the best!!! MMMMMmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sipping a cuppa Stash brand Spice Dragon Red Chai. Next book I'll be reading is Lynn Austin's THE STRENGTH OF HIS HAND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee and "The forgotten recipe" by Amy Clipston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot chocolate and Coal River by Elaine Marie Wiseman

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've enjoyed Oolong Tea with Kate Breslin's NOT BY SIGHT.
    Yogi Egyptian Licorice with Connilyn Cossette's COUNTED WITH THE STARS.
    Perhaps COLD SHOT calls for a Java Chip Frap from Starbucks.

    Jaime, Did you know there is a Gold Rush Coffee based out of Eureka, CA?

    @AmandaGeaney

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm more of a dark espresso gal. I also got into Starbucks Soy Flat White and soy Latte Macchiaotto..did I even spell that right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. O..did you know Starbucks had this limited aged Sumatra?!! It was amazing...but definitely pricier

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry...gotherwise so excited I forgot to say my book. I'll be starting fresh with If I Run by Terri Blackstock.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)