Thursday, January 28, 2016

What Does it Mean to Have a Savior?


I've recently been pondering what it means to have a Savior in Jesus Christ.

Ever since I can remember, I've loved God and I've always felt immensely loved by Him. I wholeheartedly believe He created me for a reason. I was chosen, as we all are, and because I was chosen, then I must be valuable.

My relationship with Christ is the most important one in my life. Since I was a child, I have never strayed from my faith, but it has been tested during very difficult times and each time it has been tested, it has come through the fire more refined and deeper. I am radically in love with my Creator and I am not ashamed! He is more real to me than anything else and His love penetrates to the very center of my being. I can’t get enough of Him!

The decisions I've made in my life have all been made with my faith in Christ as my anchor and compass. I seek His wisdom and His guidance in every area, and I believe He has greatly, exceedingly and abundantly blessed my life. I cannot take credit for anything. Everything I have and everything I am is all for the glory of God.

I seek to be authentic inside my home and outside it. I can confidently say that what you see is what you get, not that what you get is perfect. I make mistakes every day. I fail at countless things, but I work to do better. I live what I believe and I strive to do it with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.

As a child, I wanted a Savior. As an adult, on my knees, in complete wretchedness, I realized I didn't want a Savior anymore - I needed a Savior. I know that if it weren't for the grace of God and His unconditional love and forgiveness, I would be utterly and completely lost.

I live my life in abandonment to my Creator. I want to make good, sound decisions, anchored in the Ancient Word, that I pray will glorify Him and lead me on a path of righteousness, for His namesake. I want to have a pure heart before God and I don't want to be swayed by human philosophies and teachings.

And you know what? I love my life! I have peace, joy and fulfillment. I have fun, I feel complete, and I feel loved. I know the meaning of life and I know what my purpose is - and I want others to know it, too.

Do I have bad days, weeks, months? Yes. I have struggled with questions, doubts and trouble. I've been to depths so low I thought I could never climb out. I've been so riddled with fear, I thought I would be swallowed whole. And I've dealt with deep, weighty questions that have shaken the very foundation of my existence...

But, Jesus.

Through every situation He has been exceedingly faithful. God has met me in each pit I've been in and He's taught me, strengthened me and shown me His character and heart as He's lifted me out onto solid ground. Through it all, I've grown to know the One and Only and His strength has been made perfect in my weakness. To the depth of my pain and wounds, has been the depth of His love and healing. I am left breathlessly in awe before Him...

I aim to please my Father and to live my life for His glory and pleasure.

I love the moon. On its own, the moon is lifeless and barren. But, when it reflects the sun, it becomes radiant. That is how I want my life to be. I want to be radiant because I reflect the Son. That is what having a Savior means to me.

What does having a Savior mean to you?

Gabrielle Meyer
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website

4 comments:

  1. Such a heartfelt reverie of your journey, Gabrielle. Touching. And I love the moon too, love the pic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. As I just reread this, it's almost like my faith mission statement. :)

      Delete
  2. I love what you said about not wanting a Savior but needing a Savior.
    I honestly don't know how anyone can get through each day without knowing and loving Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll always remember the day I realized I didn't want Him--I needed Him. Even though I had been a believer all my life, and I know if I had died, He'd accept me into Heaven, that was the day I was truly saved. Thank you for joining the conversation, Gail.

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)