Wednesday, January 27, 2016

New Cover Art!


Erica here: I can FINALLY post my new cover art! I got the mock-up weeks ago, and it's been killing me not to be able to share it!

His Prairie Sweetheart is my first Love Inspired Historical, and it releases May 1st.

Here's a bit about the book:


A Home for Her Heart

After being jilted at the altar, Southern belle Savannah Cox seeks a fresh start out West and accepts a teaching position in Minnesota. But between her students' lack of English, the rough surroundings and sheriff Elias Parker's doubts and distrust, Savannah's unprepared for both the job and the climate. However, she's determined to prove she can handle anything her new town throws her way.

Elias gives it a week—or less—before the pretty schoolteacher packs her dainty dresses and hightails it back home. But no matter how many mishaps he has to rescue her from, Savannah doesn't give up. Yet the real test is to come—a brutal blizzard that could finally drive her away, taking his heart with her…

You'll notice the lovely collie on the cover. In the book his name is Captain, and he has a major role in the story. The inspiration for Captain came from my friend Renee Chaw's lovely collies. I asked if she had any photos that I could send along to my editor for cover art inspiration, and she was generous and sent me some lovely pictures.



Aren't they gorgeous?

Some other pictures I sent along to help the cover designers were these:


I love this coat, and Yay! They put our hero Elias in it!


This is the actor, David Conrad, who was the template for my hero. I loved his casual, hands in pockets stance in this one, and the cover designer caught that persona perfectly!


I found this photograph on Pinterest when I searched for blond wedding updo. The moment I saw her face, I knew this was Savannah. I love that the hair in the cover and the hair in the picture match!


And this is the schoolhouse I envisioned. I am thrilled that the one on the book cover matches perfectly.




I am so excited for this book to release. I had such fun writing about Elias and Savannah, incorporating my research into Norwegian Americans and the Children's Blizzard. I hope readers like their story as much as I do.

His Prairie Sweetheart is available for pre-order HERE. And you can look for it May 1st wherever fine fiction is sold!



Executive Assistant
Earl Grey Aficionado
Find me on PINTEREST
Find me on GOODREADS
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

17 comments:

  1. Erica, I LOVE the cover! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caryl. I was so happy when I first saw the cover and realized it captured everything I wanted!

      Delete
  2. The cover is what you envisioned, yay! My birthday is May 3rd, birthday present.....hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! Books are great birthday gifts! :D

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I love reading about cover posts, so thank you for posting about this. The character inspirations are always welcome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sylvia! I love seeing authors' inspiration pictures, too. Especially those for the characters.

      Delete
  4. How fun to see the behind-the-scenes making of the cover art! Thanks for sharing it Erica, how exciting for you on your newest book :-) And an LIH to boot, my favorite of the Love Inspired line! Sure can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trixi! I'm eager to hear what you think about the story.

      Delete
  5. The cover is beautiful! I really enjoyed seeing all the inspirations that went into it, they did a great job bringing them together into one design. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't they? I am so pleased they caught my vision! I couldn't ask for a better cover!

      Delete
  6. Love it! And I love how they captured it perfectly from the inspiration pictures you sent. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so impressed with their graphics department. I feel as if they really listened...and that the super-detailed art sheet was worth it! :)

      Delete
  7. Great cover and post! Love your choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love perusing Pinterest for inspiration pictures...though I can fall through the rabbit-hole and lose several hours....

      Delete
  8. Great cover and post! Love your choices.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)