Tuesday, January 12, 2016

My 2016 #TBR Pile

There are SO MANY good books coming out this year. A ton by authors I love and a lot by authors I've never read! So I've compiled a very eclectic arrangement of books I'd like to read this year and check out. Figured I'd share in case you want to journey along with me! :)


Nothing gets me like a great World War II novel, and while there are several authors in this genre, Sarah is a master!! You will NOT go wrong with any of her books, and this latest/greatest I cannot wait for!


Rachel McMillan is bringing us back to Sherlock Holmes style with vivid female detectives and, from what I hear, some stellar mystery. I'm so excited about this book because I'm an avid Sherlock-style fan! :)


Kara's new book? I have a wonderful admission: I've read it already!!! She's my writing-sister, my cohort and one of my bestest friends ever. But I can't wait to read the final print version. This New Zealand, Lord-of-the-Rings, and comedic-snark trifecta makes me sure that Kara will take the romantic genre by STORM!


Don't get me started on Dani's books. I love them. If you enjoy romantic suspense, Colleen Coble, and good clean fiction, you'll really enjoy Dani's books. And this is a new series with a Ben Affleck-Look-Alike on the cover, which means it's predestined to be stellar.


I have never read Connilyn Cossette. I'm not even sure if this is a debut novel or if she's a veteran. But I'm anxious to try this one. It's set in Biblical times, specifically during the Israelite Exodus. But what I like about it, is the heroine is a fictionalized character, so it isn't a retelling of an actual Biblical character. I like that. 


I just finished Dina's book "Chivalrous" and LOVED IT!! The King Arthuresque setting is great, but she writes a strong feminine heroine who doesn't always need to be rescued. I love that too. YAY for strong-willed females! :) I'm looking forward to this one, as I fell in love with the main heroine in "Chivalrous" and it's time she get her own story.


I'm totally fascinated by this book. In truth, I know little about it, save the cover is amazing. I am a cover junky. For that reason alone, I shall read it. 


I have never read a Julie Cantrell novel (again, is this her first? No clue). But I love the premise. A fortune told in the spine of a feather, a mystery, and, if the back cover copy implies anything it verges on creepy. I need creepy in my life. 


I hear tell this is one of her best. I read Terri years ago, before children, and recall how engaged I was in her suspense/murder mystery. I'm anxious to dive in again and see if it's all I remember it to be.


Colleen is my mentor, so of course, I'm ridunculously biased. But, I mean, just look at this beautiful book. Thomas Nelson is an amazing publisher and I'm so thankful they continue to put out such great romantic suspense novels like Colleen's!


Seriously? If you haven't read Mary Weber you're missing out. This is a speculative other-world genre, and this is book #3 of an amazing crafting of story, characters, and journey. I cannot wait!


The cover. The title. How can you not?? It's creepy, it's suspenseful, and I love that it's an author I've never read. 


So...what's on your TBR pile for 2016? Who/what did I miss? Make sure you leave a comment cause I may need to add it to mine :)

________________________________

Professional coffee drinker, Jaime Jo Wright, resides in the hills of Wisconsin. She loves to write spirited turn-of-the-century romance, stained with suspense. Her day job finds her as a Director of Sales & Development. She’s wife to a rock climbing, bow-hunting Pre-K teacher, mom to a coffee-drinking little girl, and a little boy she fondly refers to as her mischievous “Peter Pan”. Jaime completes her persona by being an admitted social media junkie and coffee snob. She is a member of ACFW and has the best writing sisters EVER!

"The Cowgirl's Lasso", The Cowboy Bride's Novella Collection - Barbour Publishing - COMING MARCH 2016

"Gold Haven Heiress", California Gold Rush Romance Collection - Barbour Publishing - COMING AUGUST 2016

Visit Jaime's web site: jaimejowright.com

Email Jaime - jaimejowright at gmail dot com

Like Jaime on Facebook 

Friend Jaime on Twitter

Meet Jaime on Pinterest

18 comments:

  1. Ooooo...I'm curious now about the Weber series! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including Counted with the Stars Jaime! And yes, It is my debut novel :) So many good books to read this year, I hope I have time left over to write...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for debuts!! I seriously can't wait for this one. I'm not a ginormous fan on retellings, but yours sounds perfect. Biblical settings are so intriguing to me and with the heroine being Egyptian, I'm hooked! :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh! I'm adding a few of these to my list! They all look fantastic!! Thanks for the head's up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!!! :) My book shelf will be full! (or rather my kindle, lol)

      Delete
  4. Me, me!! LOL!! The Things We Knew - July 12th from Thomas Nelson. Hope you'll check it out! http://www.amazon.com/Things-We-Knew-Catherine-West/dp/0718078101/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452689496&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Things+We+Knew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Cathy!!! sheesh!! See???? I knew I'd forget someone! :(

      Delete
  5. Make sure you put The Things We Knew by Catherine West on your TBR list, as I have. Love her books. I have most of your list on mine. I just read The a Painters Daughter by Julie Klassen and if you haven't read it, it is a must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID just read The Painter's Daughter. It is officially my fave of Julie's books so far. And Yes, I need to put Cathy's on my TBR list too, you're SO RIGHT! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you, Jaime! I'm so excited to share Arch & Lillian's story!

    By the way, I read Connilyn's first chapters in the Genesis contest a few years ago - it was fascinating!! And I got to meet her at ACFW - she's delightful! This is on my TBR pile too.

    And I'm so jealous you got to read Kara's book. My daughter and I are chomping at the bit to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I'm excited for all the 2016 releases. And you SHOULD be chomping at the bit for Kara's. It's is THAT GOOD! :) :)

      Delete
    2. I posted before I read the other comments and I'm jealous, too! Romantic Comedy is my favorite sub-genre and I read about her book on Rel's blog months and months ago. I dislike that times goes so fast, but for this book, I don't mind.

      Delete
  7. Adding most to my to read list. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of amazing books on your list. Thanks to you I have Rachel McMillan on my radar.... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a number of the books from your list on mine, especially Kara Isaac's debut! In addition I really want to read Kathryn Springer's, The Hearts We Mend; Ruth Logan Herne's, Back in the Saddle; Leslie Gould's, Amish Sweethearts; and Pepper Basham's, A Twist of Faith. Although I read from numerous genre's, contemporary romance is my favorite, as you can tell. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)