Thursday, January 21, 2016

From Minnesota to Arizona

This week I traded -6 degree temperatures in Minnesota for 60+ degree weather in the sunny state of Arizona! My good writing friend, Lindsay Harrel, is hosting my family for seven glorious days. We've had fun seeing the Grand Canyon, going to an awesome train park, eating outside(!), going to an Old Wild West theme park, and so much more.

My family at the Grand Canyon Tuesday
 It's been fun visiting Lindsay and talking about all things writing, after all, that's what brought us together in the first place...but it's so much more. After three and a half years of friendship, several writing retreats and conferences, thousands of texts, and critiquing each other's writing, we've started to do life together. Through the ups and downs of our writing journey, and the highs and lows of everyday life, she's become one of my very dearest friends.


It's so important to have kindred spirits in life, and that's what Lindsay is. Our homes are over 1,700 miles apart, yet, somehow God crossed our paths. He knew I needed her friendship. We started our writing journeys within months of each other, and it's been exciting watching our real-life stories unfold side-by-side, as well.

I'm thankful for this week with Lindsay, and not just because it means I'm enjoying warm weather! I'm thankful because I get to spend time with my friend, and that warms my heart more than anything else.

Gabrielle Meyer
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website

1 comment:

  1. I love that line: "we've started to do life together"

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)