Tuesday, December 22, 2015

When Life Slows Down

It's no secret that life has been nuts lately - and I'm not the only one. Strange how December becomes filled with turmoil, trauma, stress, frantic-ness, and the like. In an interview I listened to once with Vince Gill he stated something akin to loving the month of December when everything "slows down". What world is he living in?

Something strange happened this morning. I sat down in my fake leather office chair, stared at the Christmas tree my co-worker put behind my computer monitors to cheer me up, and looked at my calendar for the rest of the month. It. Is. Empty.

EMPTY.

NADA.

NOTHING.

ZILCHO.

What do I do with several days and no agenda??? I grabbed the Administrative Coordinator's hand and we raced from the office to get coffee for everyone. (Benefits of being head of department) Once we returned, I leisurely perused the 600+ emails (595 of them being spam) I'd received for work over the weekend. Then I opened my office window for fresh air because the ductwork in our office building is somehow pouring acidic vinegar fumes into my office. (Someone's Christmas cheer is a little too cheery in the next business over!).

Aside from this quick post on my blog, I'm going to dive back into my inbox on my desk which is about three feet high. I might even get some filing done. (Ha.) But the coolest thing? I HAVE A LUNCH BREAK!! I don't think I've had one for - 5 weeks? Literally. I can WRITE MY LITTLE HEART OUT for 60 glorious minutes. Can you hear my ear splitting scream?

What do you do when life magically slows down - even for a day? 

___________________________________


Professional coffee drinker, Jaime Jo Wright, resides in the hills of Wisconsin. She loves to write spirited turn-of-the-century romance, stained with suspense. Her day job finds her as a Director of Sales & Development. She’s wife to a rock climbing, bow-hunting Pre-K teacher, mom to a coffee-drinking little girl, and a little boy she fondly refers to as her mischievous “Peter Pan”. Jaime completes her persona by being an admitted social media junkie and coffee snob. She is a member of ACFW and has the best writing sisters EVER!

"The Cowgirl's Lasso", The Cowboy Bride's Novella Collection - Barbour Publishing - COMING MARCH 2016

"Gold Haven Heiress", California Gold Rush Romance Collection - Barbour Publishing - COMING AUGUST 2016





Visit Jaime's web site: jaimejowright.com

Email Jaime - jaimejowright at gmail dot com

Like Jaime on Facebook 

Friend Jaime on Twitter

Meet Jaime on Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. Take a nice long walk is what i do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime, enjoy your quiet time! Be refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. What a blessing! I think God's giving you some time to relax and catch up. If a day like that pops up, I will take some time to reflect the week, month, or year. I will praise God for my blessings and grab a cup of hot tea or coffee (depending on my mood) and a good book and just relax. Ahhhhh....I'm imagining it now. And try not to let the worries or the busyness of everyday enter my mind. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome. What a blessing! I think God's giving you some time to relax and catch up. If a day like that pops up, I will take some time to reflect the week, month, or year. I will praise God for my blessings and grab a cup of hot tea or coffee (depending on my mood) and a good book and just relax. Ahhhhh....I'm imagining it now. And try not to let the worries or the busyness of everyday enter my mind. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! During those rare times I usually feel I've forgotten something and it will bite me in the butt somehow. Lol. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes, there HAS been that nagging doubt ;)

      Delete
    2. Well, yes, there HAS been that nagging doubt ;)

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)