Monday, December 21, 2015

The Thrill of Hope

If ever a time...now is the time...
To fall on your knees.

If ever a time...now is the time...
To know the thrill of hope.

If ever a time...now is the time...
To feel His worth.

If ever a time...now is the time...
To hope and to rejoice.

If ever a time...now is the time...
For the Divine to bend lo,
And fill our night.

O Holy Night, the stars are brightly shining. 
O Holy Night. O Night Divine.

Luke 2: 8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,

    and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”


~~~~
While I was sick on the couch this week, I finished up Cynthia Ruchti's novella, An Endless Christmas. It's a wonderful read and a great gift idea for this season. 
It's a lovely story packed full of God's redemption through generations. Find out how the Binder family holiday--complete with chaos, food, winter storms, and a proposal--dawns a thrill of hope through Katie Vale's years of ancestral darkness. Cynthia packs this short novella with layers of blessing, and masterfully crafts a story that beckons every doubtful heart to believe in the mystery of love and walk in faith that redeems generations.



Spoiler Alert: get a box of tissues while you read! 


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Leave a message: either your favorite Christmas carol, a Christmas blessing or prayer, or a question for Cynthia about her novella.
Blessings to you all this Christmas Season!

-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook 
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Twitter
Find me on: Goodreads  

49 comments:

  1. Anne, I remember so well a year ago when I saw you post a beautiful winter scene with a red house against a snowy, wooded background. The fence along the front of the property held a green wreath with a red ribbon on the fenceposts. When I asked where I could find that image so I could get permission to use it as inspiration for the setting in An Endless Christmas, you told me it was YOUR house! It inspired me all the more after that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love O Holy Night & Angels We Have Heard on High. Hope you're feeling better, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love O Holy Night & Angels We Have Heard on High. Hope you're feeling better, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Little Drummer Boy. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Drummer Boy by The Piano Guys and the version by Home Free play often at my house...and in the car!

      Delete
  5. I love The Little Drummer Boy. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, my favorite or cutest one that puts me in a good mood is "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." Is that even considered a Christmas carol? Cam you tell I'm a teacher who loves kids?
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's precious, Susan! Wait until you read next year's full novel--Song of Silence--if you're a teacher! :)

      Delete
    2. Sorry. That wasn't enough info. It's available in April 2016.

      Delete
  7. I pray for peace on earth, hurts and suffering to end the hungry to no longer be hungry and old rifts healed. I pray for reconciliations to happen and I pray for everyone to know peace through God's blessings. Merry Christmas to all and thank you for a fun year on the blog. I've enjoyed the blog posts immensely.
    Deanne P. Cnnamongirl at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Susan, I should have had you for a teacher. I never learned that song! Deanne, such a necessary prayer for our world today! So glad our blog is enjoyable and uplifting, thanks for your appreciative comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne. This blog is a true blessing to not just me but many am sure.

      Delete
  9. Away in a Manger and Mary, Did You Know have always been my favorites, even to this day. The recent hit with the latter has been nice since I get to hear it more often and of different renditions.

    Dear Heavenly Father, we lift up the lost and the wounded to you, be it physically or emotionally. May they find comfort, peace and hope in You. Thank you for all our blessings. In your Son's precious name we pray. Amen.

    Merry Christmas all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, this is Annie JC
      justcommonly(at)gmail(dot)com

      Delete
    2. Annie, I appreciate those songs...and your beautiful prayer.

      Delete
  10. Silent Night & O Come All Ye Faithful have always been favorite carols of mine.
    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty, I'm excited about the version of O Come All Ye Faithful the worship team has prepared for our Christmas Eve services at church. Sweet, simple, yet powerful.

      Delete
  11. The Christmas songs that mean the most to me this year are Michael W. Smith's All Is Well and Faith Hill's A Baby Changes Everything! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby, it sounds as if you've been reading my mind...or An Endless Christmas! :)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. There's something so beautiful about the truth embedded in Silent Night, isn't there?

      Delete
  13. Is it the music or the meaning behind the words that most impresses you, Bonnie?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite Christmas carol is Silent Night.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. That has to be one of the "catchiest" tunes of Christmas.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Such a peaceful, soothing carol.

      Delete
    2. So much meaning in the lyrics, Shakeia!

      Delete
  17. My fav is Silent Night!!! And, I wish everyone a very blessed Holidays...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several versions of this song on my Christmas playlist.

      Delete
  18. My favorite is the Little Drummer Boy. It takes me back to my childhood. I used to go to church with my grandparents. My little cousin was always the little drummer boy in our Christmas play. I sure do miss those days and that little church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are certainly moments when the old carols take me back to special times and places as well, Danielle. :)

      Delete
    2. Danielle, I can just picture that scene in the Christmas play.

      Delete
  19. Love Away in the Manger and silent night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing young voices sing Away in the Manger is always a joy, isn't it, Karen?

      Delete
  20. My favorite Christmas Carol is "Mary did you know" my mom would sing it each year at our church so it has special meaning to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, I really really love that song too, Kara.

      Delete
    2. That's another song, Kara, that I play in several different versions, each one special for its own reasons.

      Delete
  21. Replies
    1. Crystal, and Leela, both very lovely favorites!

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure I know this one, but now I'll go hunt it down, Leela!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)