Monday, November 23, 2015

Psalm of Thanksgiving


Yesterday's sermon was on thankfulness. Not the run of the mill kind.
But the kind that reminded us that unthankfulness is a sin that takes root where entitlement is fostered.


I deserve none of the blessings the Lord has bestowed upon my life. Yet He bestows.
Grace and Mercy.
My cup runneth over.

We were asked to write on a sticky note the things we are thankful for.

I ran out of room to write. Not that life is all roses. It's not always been. It won't always be.
Tears slipped. Joy bubbled up.

Better than all the turkey in the world.
Better than all the mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie.
Greater is His presence to me than anything in the world.

Take time to list your thankfulness this week.



Psalm 103

Of David.

Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook 
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Twitter
Find me on: Goodreads  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)