Monday, November 9, 2015

Coffee Table Lineup: What are You Reading?

Happy Monday, Everyone! 

Monday's have the distinct pleasure of week-planning. I like to use Monday morning to give myself and my family a quick schedule run-down.

Monday and Tuesday are basic work catch-up days.
Wednesday I have lunch with a friend and get my van  serviced.
Thursday is a church meeting after work.
Friday is TGIF day, and usually date night.
Saturday is our church's Holiday Bazaar.
Sunday there is an evening business meeting.

Somewhere between there I have some reading I want to tackle from my coffee table. When life was more simple, I used to read one book at a time, start to finish. But as life has grown more complex over the years, I tend to have multiple books cooking at the same time, with several waiting in the wings.

I'd love to hear your book line up this week. Here's mine: 

Roseanna White is one of my favorite authors! If you haven't read her work yet, The Lost Heiress is a good place to start. Be watching for a book report sometime soon!

I like to keep some faith-reads in play and work my way through them at a pace that lets me digest.
Johnson's Host the Presence is reminding me about heaven on earth, and what it looks like to let God dwell in me daily. I haven't cracked open Allender's To Be Told yet, but I'm thinking of ordering the workbook to really dig into understanding what it means to let God write the story of my life.


Between fiction and faith, I love to add in some historical research. 
First hand accounts can be very interesting. 
I'm learning about the fur trade in 1803 along the Brule and St. Croix Rivers. 


Then, of course, there's the bathroom read! (okay, right, not exactly on my coffee table! Heehee.)
Dr. Remen says things that make you go: "hmmmm...."  Like this quote: "Accidents and natural disasters often cause people to feel that life is fragile. In my experience, life can change abruptly and end without warning, but life is not fragile. There is a difference between impermanence and fragility."  Hmmmm...right?  Good stuff.

And last, but not least, is my TBR pile. To. Be. Read. At that top of that list is Laura Frantz's new release: The Mistress of Tall Acre. I may hold this one to savor over the holidays.

Your turn! 
What's on your coffee table lineup? (er, or even your bathroom reads...?)
Have you made a Christmas wish list?
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook 
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Twitter
Find me on: Goodreads  

8 comments:

  1. I just finished My Brother's Crown (a time slip book) and will be writing my review today. I'm getting a little behind on my reading a reviewing but I'm starting Blessing by Lyn Cote today. I just received War Room by Chris Fabry and I'm excited about that! In my to be read and reviewed pile are A Respectable Actress, Eyes of Elisha, a Dash of Daring, An Amish Christmas Gift, and All is Calm All is Bright. I'm going camping the week of Thanksgiving and am hoping to get lots of reading done. Keeping my three year old grandson during the week cuts into my reading quite a bit. But I love to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail, what a great list. Have you seen the War Room movie? Oh, nice, where will you camp at Thanksgiving?

      Delete
    2. I have not seen War Room. That's why I was excited to get a chance to read and review the book.
      We have reservations at Oak Mountain, which is in the Birmingham area. That's where we were camping when I had my tibial plateau fracture. Very traumatic! Please pray for a safe fun trip this time.

      Delete
  2. Right now I'm reading a Love Inspired Historical. It's Karen Kirst's newest one, The Bachelor's Homecoming. My TBR books right now are Every Girl Gets Confused by Janice Thompson, My Brother's Crown by Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould, Luther and Katharina by Jody Hedlund, Another Way Home by Deborah Raney, and Deepest Roots of the Heart by Chautona Havig. There are more, but these are all library books that have due dates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are busy, Sylvia! Sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Right now I'm reading Deadlock by DiAnn Mills and I'm loving it, then A Dream for Love by Lisa Belcastro and Surviving The Storm by Heather Woodhaven, Rainy Day Dreams by Lori Copeland and Virginia Smith, and Emissary by Thomas Locke. Ton more books after these. Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I used to read a lot of Lori Copeland, I'll have to look for that one. I love hearing about new authors I've never read before.

      Delete
  4. I just recently finished A Star to Steer By by Mary Jane Hathaway...it was sweet. :) I've been reading a lot of YA fantasy type books because my brain is on overload from the other heavier books on my pile. I just finished Brandon Mull's first book in The Five Kingdoms Series. I like it a lot! :) Cloud castles, monsters etc ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)