Did you know there are apps for your phone that give you a running countdown? Yep. There are.
Or, you can follow this link to paste a snowing countdown clock to your computer wallpaper:
How many days until Christmas?
Many people get stressed by the cold weather, family funk, or the holiday rush.
So, the big question is:
What do you do to enjoy the holidays and remain relatively stress-free?
1. Listen to as much Christmas music as possible.
2. Shop early. Last minute shoppers tend to be stressed out, and it's more fun to be in stores with others who are not stressed.
3. Shop online--I avoid the stores whenever possible.
5. Plan for family time to play games, tell stories, and watch movies.
6. Divide food preparation and clean-up duties.
7. Enlist help for gift-wrapping. My daughter makes a great little elf.
8. Let everyone know your holiday plans and work schedules as soon as possible.
9. Make lists.
10. Laugh a lot. We try not to take ourselves too seriously.
11. Rejoice in the reasons for the seasons!
If you've never found that magical way to reduce holiday stress, perhaps it's time to let somethings go--like expectations. Or perhaps it's time to let old traditions go, and start new ones. Have you ever just booked a run-away vacation over the holidays and left town?
What are the things that make you look forward to this season the most?
~~We love to cut a real tree together as a family.
~~We have a traditional family argument about weather it should be real or fake, tall or short.
~~For years we made a Thanksgiving turkey with friends who didn't have family nearby.
~~We usually watch Home Alone at least once.
~~We open gifts Christmas morning and have a Christmas breakfast.
~~We decorate our tree the day after Thanksgiving.
~~We always leave one ornament out "by mistake" all year long.
~~My husband, my father, or my son may be out hunting deer.
~~My father always reads the Christmas story, usually around the fireside, when it's dark outside.
~~The kids still take turns putting the star at the top of the tree.
Soon, it will only be Ted and me doing it ourselves, looking something like this scene by Norman Rockwell:
How will you celebrate with meaning and still manage to take the season in stride this year?
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots.Nurse Practitioner by day.Wife, mother, writer by night.Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on: Goodreads