Monday, September 21, 2015

#acfw2015: Soul Food

By now you've been bathed in an endless stream of head shots, goofy smiles, selfies, and foodie pics from the writing conference the four of us attended this week at
American Christian Fictions Writers 2015 in Dallas, Texas. 

Jaime promised to give me selfie lessons, but she forgot. So there was this:


Another view you might not have seen is lunch time with nearly 500 men and women, okay, mostly women. After lunch, imagine this entire room standing, arms raised in awe of our God in deep worship as this group is comprised of people from all 50 states and several countries, yet in Christ, in worship, and in writing--we unite. The holy communion was palpable and I wish I could share it with all of you:


But the things that filled my soul and spirit on my 12 hour travels home today were not just selfies, foodie pics, and pretty dresses. No. What filled my mind were the snippets of things I want to sink into my soul and not forget. Writing is art. It's art we create with God. 


Each of us is given blank pages to write the story of our lives upon, as are you, whether you write or not.

These snippets sprinkle the pages of my notes...

 #HaveFunLoveGod
#CreatingIsSupposedToBeFun
#YouCan'tWriteABetterStoryThanYouAreLiving
#BeDisruptedByGod
Dead Poet's Society scene quoting the great poets: "This is a battle, a war, and the casualties could be your heart and soul..."
Allen Arnold: "Fiction is to show them a higher Godly reality, not an escape from reality."
#don'tbeanorphancreatives 
Because orphan creatives don't know their story, their stories have been stolen...
#choosetobeabohemiancreatives
Bohemian creatives know their true identity in Christ
#thetrueyou #thetrueryou
Are you a fisherman, or a fisher of men? 
What's my bandwidth?--what's my ratio of talking vs. listening to God?
#SpiritualManna 
Find it. Daily.
"Remember, you are on a wild journey with God."

Make mental boundaries~~Mary Weber
#mindyourownmentalbusiness #thatsthelordsbusiness
Separate yourself, don't overthink. Don't obsess.

Come back to your validation source. Again. And again. And again.
 #KeepANonfictionInPlay ~~Katherine Raey
Keep pressing your soul deeper.

Mentors: "surround yourself with your own board of directors." 
#horizontalbohemians #sisters #mentors #beamentor

Invite God into, and consecrate your writing/creating
#makesomesoultime

#bekind
#beauthentic
#becurious
#beexpectant

#examineyourheart
#knowyourownlifestory
#abideinChristalways
#takenotesbecausewehavesmallmindsandshortmemories

Every conference is different. This year, I fed my soul.
I pray you find ways to feed yours.


-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads

12 comments:

  1. Hello Ladies of CC&C! I'm so glad that you were blessed beyond your expectations! Thank you for taking us along on your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Caryl! We sure were. I hope the blessing overflows to others this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting looks like you guys are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were, and it makes it hard to leave for home again!

      Delete
  4. So wished I could've been at the conference--but thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing all this. I feel as if my writer's soul's been nourished from reading all about the conference from those who were able to go. <3 So many truths to hold tight to and not forget.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing! It was great to meet you at the conference and you words of wisdom will join these above! I especially resonate with #BeDisruptedByGod. It's too easy for me to go about "my" work and to forget that this life is about Him, not me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am constantly surprised by God's divine appointments. I'm glad that meeting you was one of the things on His agenda this year. Much love, and my prayers continue for your journey with Him. Hugs. ;)

      Delete
  6. I was so bummed I didn't meet you. I probably saw you or passed right by you and just didn't realize who you were. Anne, you are a beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shucks, I am bummed also Shelli! I've enjoyed getting to know you online. Thanks for stopping by to the blog. Perhaps we'll see each other at acfw2016nashville??

      Delete
  7. Loved your post, and loved that you were blessed & your soul fed - thanks, Anne!! That's really what it's all about - in all situations, being blessed or blessing others.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)