Thursday, July 9, 2015

Writing Retreat


Today, I'm with some of my writing friends. We're spending five days at my house, on the banks of the Mississippi River, brainstorming new story ideas, celebrating accomplishments, and fellowshipping over our shared passion for writing.

The picture above is from last July, when we were sitting in the river (yes, in). We laughed over shared memories as we made new ones.

This year is our third annual retreat and it has become a highlight of my year. These ladies have become like sisters to me, and our time together is very precious. I wish I could have all my writing friends at my house this week, but unfortunately, my house isn't big enough.

Your Turn: What is a highlight of your year? Do you have an annual getaway with friends? If you could have five days with four of our closest friends, what would you do and where would you go?

Gabrielle Meyer:
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website

10 comments:

  1. I have never taken an all girls retreat since being married. I did several in my early twenties before I got married. My husband is the one I always want to go on trips with whether to the beach or camping. We do have close friends that take camping trips with us. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, Gail! I get the best of both worlds. My hubby is here (though he's not been around much with all these women in his house). :) Camping is a lot of fun, too.

      Delete
  2. How fun!! Hope you all have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! So much fun and love all around!! Wish I was there. Have a wonderful time. May you all experience some co-creating with God and each other! Lots of laughter and joy to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wish you were here, too, Anne! Praying for each of us as we brainstorm new story ideas. Who knows where God intends to take these stories?

      Delete
  4. Have a great time!!!! And snuggle that adorable baby boy lots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my word, it's so much fun having a baby in the house again! My babies are five now. :) My oldest is here helping take care of Elliott, so that's been fun, too.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family used to go to Gatlinburg, Tn. every summer when I was a child - we always stayed at the same motel. Up until a few years ago, there were 2 girlfriends who usually went with me on trips, and I also took a lot of trips alone - traveling to new places. All three of us have health issues now, and it seldom works out that 2 of us are able to travel together. My last trip was this past May - I went alone, driving almost 2,000 miles, visiting friends in 4 different states. It was so much fun and so inspirational. My usual go-to places, if not going to visit specific friends, is to the mountains or to the ocean. Your retreat looks like loads of fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)