Wednesday, July 1, 2015

RELEASE DAY! ~ The Cactus Creek Challenge

Yesterday Jaime and I met up at about the halfway point between our houses for a coffee shop writer's day. It was a productive day, and we netted almost 10,000 words between us. (Plus the consumption of some delicious coffee/chocolate drinks.)


It put me in mind of a similar day about 18 months ago when we met at that same coffee shop and I shared a story idea with Jaime that I was working on. A western 'fish out of water' story called The Cactus Creek Challenge.

A couple of weeks later, Jaime messaged me to say she'd been looking all over her house, every book bag, every bookshelf for that story where the sheriff and the schoolteacher swap places...then she remembered that it wasn't written yet! I have treasured that compliment for a long time. :)

Well, today, is the official release day of that story, and I'm so excited and proud to hold this book in my hands.

On this day of celebration, I'd like to give a shout out to a few folks. To Annie Tipton, Becky Germany, and JoAnn Simmons who are the best editors ever. To Shalyn Sattler, my marketing liaison at Barbour/Shiloh Run, who has celebrated every review and endorsement of The Cactus Creek Challenge with me. To my newly-formed Posse, who are even now spreading the word about this new release through reviews and tweets and facebook posts and pinterest pins. And to my family, who are always encouraging. I couldn't do any of this without you.

So here it is, finally. Release Day for The Cactus Creek Challenge. My book baby is launched out into the world for readers to enjoy.






In a bit of a bonus, today is also release day for The Convenient Bride Collection, a set of novellas all about marriages of convenience. My story is titled A Bride for Bear, and I love crusty old Bear and the three little darling girls who turn his world upside-down. I'm thrilled to be able to share this release day with our own Gabrielle Meyer, whose story A Groom for Josette is also in this collection.

We've got some fun giveaways planned for later in this month to celebrate the release of these books, so I hope you'll return here to find out about what we've got in store.



Here is a bit about The Cactus Creek Challenge:

Anything he can do, I can do better. At least that was what Cassie Bucknell thought before she pinned on Ben Wilder’s badge and took to patrolling the streets of Cactus Creek, Texas. Cassie has been in love with Ben since primer school, but Ben treats her like a little sister. When they are picked to swap jobs for a month as part of the annual Cactus Creek Challenge in their Texas hometown, the schoolhouse is thrown into an uproar, the jail becomes a temporary bank vault, and Cassie and Ben square off in a battle of wills that becomes a battle for their hearts.

If you're interested in learning more, reading an excerpt, and seeing the back cover, here is the amazon.com link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1630589276/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p14_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1YH36BXJE0A02HYDHJA6&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2118394622&pf_rd_i=desktop

And the link to The Convenient Bride Collection is here:

http://www.amazon.com/Convenient-Bride-Collection-Partnerships-Necessity/dp/1634090977/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Erica Vetsch:
Executive Assistant
Earl Grey Aficionado 
Find me on PINTEREST
Find me on GOODREADS
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK
Find me on my WEBSITE




14 comments:

  1. HAPPY RELEASE DAY! May you have many more in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy DOUBLE Release day, Erica!!! I'm giddy excited to read the Cactus Creek Challenge. I already read A Bride for Bear and I love it!! Bear is such a great hero, and those girls are adorable. So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy release day to YOU! Thanks for reading Bear...I love that story. :)

      Delete
  3. Happy release day too. Congrats on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Abby! Hope you're feeling better!

      Delete
  5. Congrats, Erica!! So happy to be a member of your "Posse" and have a copy of this beautiful book to read/review, which I'll be doing very soon!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you're ridin' the range with me! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats Erica , love being a member of your posse . Love your books. Thanks
    lizd225(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)