what brings you back to center and calm?
For me it's several things. Life doesn't just deliver peace to your front door like the daily newspaper, as much as we wish it might. The Christian walk is not one of perfection packaged with a tidy little bow. Shucks. So how do you find peace when the laundry piles up, supper needs to be made, the house is cluttered, and everyone needs something from you?
My friend Halee reminded me this week, that it's as important to write a "relax-list" as it is a "to-do list"...
1) Finding balance between work and rest. Sometimes you just have to sit down because if you don't you'll never have a moment to refresh.
2) Laughter and quiet time. Last week we laughed with friends until our sides hurt. This week, I need the calm of the back patio.
3) Worship and good sleep. Sometimes it's worth it stay up late talking, or reading a great book. Or sleeping in. But I love getting up early enough to plug in my iPod and get my worship on while the house is quiet and no one is awake.
4) Organization and cleaning. Well it didn't happen this weekend. The clutter will be there tomorrow. Getting it done pronto only makes me feel more in control of my life, but no one will suffer if it waits another day, or two.
5) Scripture reminders of real peace, the kind that comes from God above.
6) Enjoying God's created beauty, like the flowers off the back patio!
Philippians 4: 8-9: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Your turn, what's on your Relax-List?
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots.Nurse Practitioner by day.Wife, mother, writer by night.Coffee drinker--any time.