Monday, July 13, 2015

Finding Peace: Relax-List

When life gets messy and chaotic, 
what brings you back to center and calm?

For me it's several things. Life doesn't just deliver peace to your front door like the daily newspaper, as much as we wish it might. The Christian walk is not one of perfection packaged with a tidy little bow. Shucks. So how do you find peace when the laundry piles up, supper needs to be made, the house is cluttered, and everyone needs something from you?

My friend Halee reminded me this week, that it's as important to write a "relax-list" as it is a "to-do list"...

My Relax-List:

1) Finding balance between work and rest. Sometimes you just have to sit down because if you don't you'll never have a moment to refresh.
2) Laughter and quiet time. Last week we laughed with friends until our sides hurt. This week, I need the calm of the back patio.
3) Worship and good sleep. Sometimes it's worth it stay up late talking, or reading a great book. Or sleeping in. But I love getting up early enough to plug in my iPod and get my worship on while the house is quiet and no one is awake.
4) Organization and cleaning. Well it didn't happen this weekend. The clutter will be there tomorrow. Getting it done pronto only makes me feel more in control of my life, but no one will suffer if it waits another day, or two.
5) Scripture reminders of real peace, the kind that comes from God above.
6) Enjoying God's created beauty, like the flowers off the back patio!
Philippians 4: 8-9: Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Your turn, what's on your Relax-List?
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads

6 comments:

  1. Anne, thank you so much for this relaxing post! May we all find balance in our day to day lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to praise and worship music is one of my best relaxers - also on the list are conversing & socializing with my friends (phone, online, or in person), reading with a cup of tea & a fave treat, prayer/reading my bible, watching the rain or snow, looking at flowers, and at night - viewing decorative lights, candles, and my electric fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All wonderful things for the list!

      Delete
  3. Its seems like it's a lot of hassle to prepare before and after but camping is how I relax most. Sitting outside, enjoying fresh air, reading, whether my Bible or a great fiction book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Gail. Do you camp with just your family, or go with a group? We have a great group of friends we go with, but I wouldn't mind camping on our own either. :)

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)