Monday, June 8, 2015

Lost in Storyland

Today is the last day of my vacation. I've spent a week relaxing with my family at home and for a few days at Lake Michigan. I've spent last year's "stay-cation" beating down a long to-do list. That always feels great to accomplish, but then you still need a vacation to relax after that. So this year, my "to-do" list was only to relax and refuel.

Refueling for me this week has meant prayer, worship, sun, cooking, and re-engaging in my writing.

I've been lost in story land for the last several days, editing my last manuscript set in 1894 rural Wisconsin.

Want a little sneak peek?

Meet my heroine, Andie:
 

And her hero, Cass:


And their beloved sheepdog, Shep:




She once believed in fairytales that her Grandmamma told....but after a decade of loss and real life had stamped out her childish dreams....she could hardly recognize a hero....


...when he showed up in muddy boots...ready to take everything she owned and held dear...


She only wanted to be left alone.....

Can she rediscover blessing, heal the land of her ancestors, and find faith to believe?

I've trudged through 2/3 of the edits. I'm hoping to knock out the last 1/3 over the next few weeks and get ready to brainstorm the next story! I'm off to story land again. Have a great week everyone!

Winner of Dawn Crandall's copy of The Captive Imposter is Carrie Booth Schmidt!

------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads

14 comments:

  1. Hello Anne! Good for you to take a break to refocus and be refreshed! Happy to hear your story is coming along. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caryl! I hope you also have plans for a break this summer. :)

      Delete
  2. So glad you had a great rest. You deserve it, sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been very nice that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a chance to relax and refresh. I loved the pictures, and having read a bit of the story, it's nice to put faces to the characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love to profile your characters, Erica!! ;)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an amazing book, I can't wait to read it!!! I don't know what it is about Lake Michigan, but it's one of my favorite places on Earth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps one day it might be in print!

      Delete
  5. Loved your post and learning more about your last manuscript, Anne - can't wait to see it in print and have the pleasure of reading it!! I can relate to your joy at being at Lake Michigan - it's one of my fave places, I loved the year I spent living in an apartment on a hill - overlooking Lake Michigan - and have revisited it numerous times. Glad you were able to have that beautiful site at which to relax, refresh and be inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's nothing like Great Lakes waters.... :)

      Delete
  6. I am just now seeing this lol. (Which explains why when Dawn messaged me I had no idea what she was talking about haha) First, thanks for the giveaway! Yay!! Second, cannot wait to read your book - sounds right up my alley! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie!! Yay! Glad you found this and thanks. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)