Friday, April 3, 2015

Coffee and Writing: A Love Story

I'm happy to welcome my pal Jill today, to Coffee Cups and Camisoles!  Take a look into the mind of Jill, her coffee, and her newest book! And don't forget to enter the giveawy!

Take it away, Jill ....



I’m not a morning person. The sound of the alarm each morning brings out the beast in me. I’d happily sleep in every day of my life if I could! But I have kids in school so I get up while it’s dark. The only thing I truly look forward to while nestled in my warm bed is my morning coffee.

Coffee is my number one priority in the morning. As soon as I’m dressed, I pad down to the kitchen to make lunches and let our mini-dachshund outside. I run the faucet for a few minutes until the water is icy cold. (If you use the stagnant water in the pipes, you get a less delicious brew. No thanks!) Then I shovel six scoops of coffee grounds into the filter and turn the machine on. Ahh…love that smell!

I’ve tried many brands of coffee, but I usually buy our local Sam’s Club’s house blend and grind the beans at the store. Our old coffee maker had a grinding function, but it died. It was a sad day.

Once that beautiful pot is done percolating, I pour a healthy dose of flavored creamer into my mug and head to the couch. After catching up on the news, reading my Bible and having some prayer time, I’m ready for my day. I’m usually on cup three at this point, which seems to be the optimal dose for priming my creative side. I’ve been known to brew a second pot in the afternoon if I’m having a particularly tough writing day. There’s something about a warm cup of joe that puts me in a productive frame of mind.

I rarely have days where I miss my morning coffee, but when it happens, I’m like a lost kitten. Mewing and clawing my way through the day. It’s not pretty. Writing is difficult enough. Why add desperation to the mix? Coffee puts me on track to handle my day. It’s one of life’s pleasures. My writing is better for it!

What simple pleasure makes your life better?
***

About Jill ~

Jill Kemerer writes inspirational romance novels with love, humor and faith. A full time writer and homemaker, she relies on coffee and chocolate to keep up with her kids’ busy schedules.

Besides spoiling her mini-dachshund, Jill adores magazines, M&MS, fluffy animals and long nature walks. She resides in Ohio with her husband and two children.  Jill loves connecting with readers, so please visit her website www.jillkemerer.com and find her on Facebook and Twitter.



***

Small-Town Bachelor ~

A Place to Call Home

When Reed Hamilton arrives in Lake Endwell for a family wedding, he expects to do his part as best man then head back to the big city. But when a tornado postpones the wedding, the town is in shambles and Reed is injured. Thankfully maid of honor Claire Sheffield offers him one of her cottages to recuperate in.

Dedicated to her family and her dream job at the zoo, Claire is all about roots. She's this city slicker's opposite, yet as they help the town rebuild, Reed is captivated by her stunning looks and caring ways. He can't ask Claire to leave the life she loves for him, but he also can't imagine ever leaving her behind…

Interested in buying Small-Town Bachelor? Click on http://jillkemerer.com/books/small-town-bachelor/ for links to purchase!







_________________________________


Jaime Wright -

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency



Find me Online
Sign up for my NEWSLETTER
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest




7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, ladies, for having me here today! I'm sipping cup two, right now!! Happy Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another big congratulations on your first book release, Jill!! I'm not a huge fan of coffee (I know, shocking!), but I've started to have a cup with a LOT of hazelnut creamer on Sunday mornings at church. It's fun to sip on while I sit in Sunday school. :) Thanks for being on CC&C today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gabrielle! Hazelnut creamer...you're coming over to the dark side! Haha! I love LOTS of cream in my coffee, too!!

      Delete
  3. Jill, darlin! I am soooooo happy for you I can hardly stand it! WOOHOO! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah!! Erica!! Thank you!! I miss you!!

      Delete
  4. Tea and chocolate or cookies!!

    Enjoyed your post, Jill!! Thanks for the giveaway opportunity!!


    ReplyDelete
  5. OH man, I hear you on not being a morning person, needing that coffee and dealing with my obstinate dachshund. (especially since it's still not warm here in MI!) :) Thanks for sharing and congrats on the book!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)