Over the past few years, I've had people ask me if I can offer blogging tips.
Whether you've been blogging for a while, you're just starting to blog, or if you're thinking about starting, I hope these tips will help.
1. Be consistent with the days you blog. If it's once a week, or once a month, etc., be consistent. You'll get more visitors if they know when to expect a blog post.
2. Always share your posts on Facebook and/or Twitter, Pinterest, etc. You will get more site visits when you post on a social media outlet. Find groups on Facebook that would be interested in what you're posting, and share your post link there.
3. Offer giveaways if you want people to comment and share your post. You'll get more traffic to your posts if you're giving something away.
4. Try to keep the posts between 600-800 words.
5. Share lots of pictures and images.
6. Use bullet points and numbered lists, when applicable. As in: 6 Ways to Get the Most Out of..., or 10 Things You Should Know About..., or 10 Helpful Blogging Tips, etc. :)
7. Offer people something they can take away from reading your post. Make it entertaining and educational.
8. On your blog homepage, have tabs for people who want to learn more about you, or about what you're blogging theme is. Offer resources for your readers.
9. Visit blogs similar to yours to get ideas, and also to make yourself known in the blogosphere.
10. Have fun! :)
Your Turn: What would you add to this list?
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website