Monday, March 23, 2015

When Dreams Come True



I GOT A CONTRACT!!!!!!!!

Deep breaths. Deeeeeeeeeeeeep breaths. Are you breathing yet? I haven't been able to since January and then that CRAZY HOLD on my announcement when I was all prepped in Feb. WHY was there a hold put on? Well, some things changed in the publishing industry, and for a bit, we weren't sure the contract would be signed, sealed, and delivered. But it came through, and now I can reminisce about that day in January when I received the email from my agent which read:

"It's day two of the first week of the new year, and I get to deliver exciting news to you. Your novella submission, The Cowgirl's Lasso, for Barbour's The Cowboy's Bride Collection has been accepted! Congratulations!"

Erica took a pic of me taking a selfie

... fitting, I guess ...

Now THERE'S an email to make you choke on your lunch, which was where I was when it popped up on the screen of my iPhone. My poor Admin Assistant who was sitting across the table had to duck and cover as I spewed salsa off my tortilla chip and raised such ruckus it roused up the mariachi band. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration. What REALLY happened, was I swallowed my chip and salsa, and I teared up. One because my biggest dream just pinged at me in the form of an email, and two, because the salsa was spicy.

"What happened?" Julie's brows deep v in concern. This Admin Assistant would break down a brick wall for me if I asked her. I'm not sure why. I usually send her demanding texts in the morning like, "is the coffee made yet?", "can you stop at Starbucks?", "did you pour my coffee?", and the like ...

"I just--" no I didn't cry, but I may have wanted to, "--I just got offered a contract. For a western novella. With a lot of snark. And ...no suspense ... and wow ... just ... holy buckets I need to call Nate!"


As Julie beamed and laughed and stuffed her face with chips along with me, I dialed my husband.

"Hey."

"I got a contract!"

"A what?"

"For a book! A contract!"

"Cool."

"And the contract and advance will be coming in the mail."

pause.

"You get paid for this?"

God love the man.

So without further ado ... I announce ... I'M GOING TO BE PUBLISHED!! And while I won't be quitting my daytime job anytime soon, or ever, because I love it too much, I will be deep in the throes of a ranch, horses, British ranchers who transplanted to New Mexico Territory in the 1890's, and scrappy females who drink Arbuckles coffee and run circles around the inexperienced.


But first I want to celebrate! I already celebrated with Erica way back in January when she took pics of my signing the contract. Now I want to celebrate WITH YOU!!


Today, I'm giving away coffee and Dove chocolates. And tomorrow, we here at Coffee Cups and Camisoles have TWO amazing surprises plus another giveaway for you. AND WEDNESDAY, I'll take you into the process of writing this novella of mine, the pictures, the story, the characters, and Thursday ... well, you'll just have to wait and see!!

So enter to win, don't be shy.

And enjoy the pics of my signing of my very first contract, taken by none other than Erica, who joined me on the momentous day at our favorite coffee joint. And she was soooooo sick too. THAT is the sign of a GREAT friend!!







Let's read this and make sure it's good






Oh what the heck! Let's sign it!!






EEEE!!!! I'm gonna be published!!!





Enter to win a POUND of coffee and a bag of Dove chocolates!!







a Rafflecopter giveaway


_________________________________


Jaime Wright -

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency


Find me Online

Find me on Twitter

Find me on Facebook

Find me on Pinterest





69 comments:

  1. I get to be the first one here to say CONGRATULATIONS! I'm sooooo happy for you. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you!!!!! This is a special time in your life... You've worked hard! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri!! :) I'm enjoying it immensely!!

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! Jaime, I am so excited and happy for you. Enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sqqquuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie!!! I'm on my third celebration cup of coffee too!! :)

      Delete
  5. I knew for sure it was on its way. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOHOO!!! Finally, we get to partayyyyy!!!!! SO happy for you! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YaHOOOOOO!!! (That's the Western way to say it, right?) Thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Swinging my cowboy hat and whoopin' and hollerin'! :)

      Delete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!! So thrilled for you!! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me yours!!! (does that make sense?!) LOLOL

      Delete
  9. Congratulations. What a huge thrill. YAY! Smiling here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  11. CONGRATULATIONS, Jaime!!!! Welcome to the Barbour family!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!!! That just made it super real!! Thanks, Pam!!

      Delete
  12. Congrats, my friend!!!!! I am so excited for you! Hoping to give you big hugs at ACFW this year. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES YES!! ARE YOU COMING?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

      Delete
  13. Congrats! :) And I am signed up for your emails.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! Can't wait to read it, Jaime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait. What??? People are going to READ IT!?!?!?!?! :)

      Delete
  15. Congratulations!!!!! Happy dancing for you. Welcome to the Barbour family. :) I can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Woowoo! Yay for the contract! I subscribe to your newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! That first contract is so exciting! I received my first one from Barbour also. May this be the first story of many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy, Happy, Happy for you Jaime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail!! And hope your leg is healing!! EEK!

      Delete
  20. Jamie, this is wonderful news! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Jamie!!! I'm thrilled for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Jaime! I am so happy to read of your news. I already get your newsletter. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful and THANK YOU, Kay, for your friendship!!!

      Delete
  23. So very excited for you, Jaime! Woot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Ok. I'm done squealing for now :)

      Delete
  24. So incredibly proud of and excited for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I knew my prayers would eventually pay off, with some patience, LOL!! I'm marking March 2016 on my calendar and starting prayers for the 2nd novel/novella - now. And who needs suspense?? Snark and wit is the side of you we see every day and one of the many sides we love so well. Congrats-
    love, hugs, and prayers, too!! Enjoy this blessing, dear Jaime!!

    I am a newsletter subscriber!!

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, YOU are a blessing!!!!!! ((hugs))

      Delete
  26. Congratulations!!!
    I'm a newsletter subscriber!!
    amyc

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats Jaime, soooooooo happy for you!! Thanks for including the photos and your husband's response, how fun :) Hugs and smiles to you, can't wait to read your story :) *definitely subscribed to your newsletter*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL My husband's response. That WAS probably the best part ;)

      Delete
  29. SWEET MOTHER OF JOB ... I am OVER THE MOON to hear this, Jaime, and darlin', it couldn't happen to a NICER person (except maybe Anne) than you, my friend, so you go, girl!!! I signed up for the newsletter to keep in the loop on all future books.

    Cannot WAIT to read it, Miss Snark! ;)

    Hugs and more hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day Julie!!! ;) But for today, it's Jaime's day!!!

      Delete
  30. ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLY!! So so so so so so excited for you! (And so glad I don't have to worry about cracking the secret anymore!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations... good for you ;) can't wait to read it! !
    dkstevensneAToutlookD oTcOm

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so stinkin' excited for you! SQUEEEE!!! As soon as you are over this crummy pneumonia, we need to have another writing day! :) :) :)...Maybe in MN the first weekend in May? So you can recuperate? I'm sure you NEED it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So excited for you, Jaime!! Congratulations on your long awaited signed contract :-) Whoohooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. WAHOOO!!! That is crazy awesome! I love your hubby's reaction. LOL.
    (I think I already signed up for your newsletter)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)