Thursday, March 26, 2015

Let the Celebration Continue!

This week at Coffee Cups & Camisoles, it's all about the celebrating! On Monday we started the week celebrating Jaime's debut contract with Barbour Publishers and on Tuesday we celebrated my arrival as a new contributor to the blog.

In the spirit of celebration, I thought it would be fun to share the three things I'm personally celebrating this week--and then I have a fun giveaway for one lucky winner--because what's a celebration without gifts?!?!

Here are the three things I'm celebrating:

1. Sunday, March 29th marks the second anniversary of the date I signed with my literary agent, Mary Keeley! (Mary is also Jaime's agent.)

I wish I had a bumper stick that said: I My Agent. Mary and I have been a good pair. One of my love languages is Words of Affirmation, and she's wonderful at filling my love tank! Since signing with Mary, I've completed three novels and sold two novellas to Barbour Publishers. I'm excited to see what the coming year will hold for our partnership.

Mary and me at the 2014 Books & Such Literary
Management Retreat in Monterey, California

2. Sunday, March 29th is also special for another reason! My twin boys turn five!!

My husband and I have been blessed with four children. We have two girls (ages 10 & 8) and the two boys. It's hard to believe they'll be five in just a few days! Next fall they'll start school... This Sunday, we'll take them to a waterpark, and then Easter Sunday we'll have both sides of our family over for brunch, an egg hunt, and cake!

Here they are on their first day of preschool last September

3. I completed my fourth full-length novel this week!

This is especially exciting because I wrote the last 32,000 words in six days! My husband owns a landscaping and lawn care company, so I try to write the bulk of my stories in the winter months when he's home full time. A couple weeks ago, the snow began to melt in this part of Minnesota, and I knew he'd be going back to work soon. We agreed to devote this past week to my writing, and I had a good four-five hours a day to get the story on the page, with a final push of eight hours on Saturday. The best part? I love this story. :)

Your Turn: I'd love to know what you're celebrating this week!

Please comment below so we can celebrate with you. Don't forget to enter the Rafflecopter for a $10 Amazon gift card!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Good morning. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. March 24 I celebrated two years worshiping with my church. Gabe, I am also celebrating your arrival here at CC&C. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two wonderful things to celebrate, Caryl! :) Thank you for being a part of this fun week.

      Delete
  3. Yay! Welcome to CC&C! What a lot of wonderful things to celebrate!

    Today, I'm celebrating nearing the finish of macro edits on a novella. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, Erica! It's so much fun getting to the finish line on a project. Kind of a bittersweet feeling, actually. Good luck finishing the edits!! My husband started reading the story I just finished and he's loving it!! It's been nice to have someone to talk to about the story!! :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome to CC&C! So excited to get to know you! This week I'm celebrating the final week of a fitness challenge I've been doing all month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa!! You're celebrating a huge accomplishment! Way to go. :) I look forward to getting to know you better, too!!

      Delete
  5. Gabe,
    Yay for your new blogging adventure.
    I finished my first complete run through on my current wip. Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Alena!!!! I'm so excited to read your WIP!!! Looking forward to our manuscript exchange date. :) Thank you for celebrating today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't think of anything I'm celebrating this month. One of my granddaughters turned 13, so that was a special birthday for her. My favorite part of March is that my two huge cherry trees normally blossom. The buds are fattening up, but they haven't started to open yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turning 13 is a big deal. :) And I wish we had cherry trees here in Minnesota. We do have crab apple trees, which have beautiful blossoms, but we don't usually get that until the end of April or beginning of May (if we're lucky!). Thanks for stopping by, Kay.

      Delete
  8. Wish I could read this! The background is so dark that I can't read the words. The last two posts have been like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that, Gail. Are you reading it on an iPhone? We've had a couple problems with smartphones being too dark.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations and Happy Birthday (twice!)!

    Something I'm excited about here - today we got solar panels installed on our house, so I'm hoping to be celebrating lower electric bills! I don't think I'll celebrate the bill itself, but if it's lower that will be great! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kym! And I love that you had solar panels installed!! What an awesome gift to the environment (and your electric bill!).

      Delete
  10. March 29th is also my son-in-law's birthday. He'll be 41, quite a few years older than your twins! We plan to have a cook-out on Friday night with our family, and fortunately it will be warm enough here in Denver.

    Happy birthday to the boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday to your son-in-law!! I was hoping it would be nice enough here in MN to be outdoors (last week was beautiful!), but the weather is now too cool to be outside for a party. I hope you guys have fun!! My sister lived in Denver for 9 years and we had so much fun visiting--but now she's back in MN, so we're even happier!! Thanks for celebrating with us today.

      Delete
  11. Congrats on completing your novel! That must feel so good! And yes, so much to celebrate!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! It does feel good to complete it. Now I have people reading it--which is even more fun. I'm enjoying their perspectives on the story. :)

      Delete
  12. You got a lot of great things to celebrate, Gab! I'm happy that you have a great agent & she fills your need for words of affirmation, isn't it great when God places those people in your life? Congrats on the second anniversary of the date you signed on with her!
    Your boys are cute, I bet they are looking forward to kindergarten in the fall. I remember the first time my kids went to school, I was the nervous Nelly...lol! But they're all grown up now & I wonder where the time went.
    Not really celebrating anything this week, but next month (April 5th) will be my 18yr anniversary. Still seems like yesterday we said "I do", I can still picture that perfect day! More in love now then ever :-)
    Great post, really enjoyed reading it! Thanks for sharing all your things to celebrate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooops, my apologies....that should be Gabe NOT Gab....so sorry!!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you have quite a few things to celebrate, as well, Trixi! Congratulations on 18 years of marriage!! That's quite an accomplishment. My boys are excited for Kindergarten, and truth be told, I'm a little excited, too. :) We're a hybrid-education family. We put our children in a private school K-2nd and then homeschool them starting in 3rd grade, so I'll have my two girls home next year when we send the two boys off. It will be fun to have my girls by themselves for a few hours a day. But check back with my in September when I actually have to send the boys off to school! I might be feeling different then. :)

      Delete
    3. And don't worry about forgetting the "e"! :) I appreciate that you took the time to notice and add a correction! :)

      Delete
  13. Again - congrats to Jaime, congrats to you, also - Gabrielle, on your 3 celebrations this week. I'm looking forward to reading each of the wonderful novels/novellas coming from each of you!!

    No special celebrations this week for me, however, am enjoying my niece's 2 kids - visiting from out- of-state.

    Thanks for the wonderful giveaway opportunities this week!!

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining the celebration! I hope you have fun with your nieces' children. :)

      Delete
  14. Still doing the happy dance.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for celebrating with us, Amy!

      Delete
  15. Not celebrating much but I may finish reading a book tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finishing a book is cause for celebration, too. :) I love that feeling--especially when it's a really good book. Thank you for stopping by, Michelle. Have fun with your book!

      Delete
  16. My daughter turned 9 on the 29th! (I also have two girls - 10 and 9 and two boys--7 and 5). I also just finished my first manuscript today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! A lot to celebrate, Becky!! Congratulations on finishing your manuscript and on your daughter's birthday!! It seems we have a lot in common. :) Thank you for stopping by today.

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)