Friday, February 20, 2015

Book Report: Sabotaged, by Dani Pettrey

Today is a bittersweet day, as I post my last and final review of the McKenna siblings. I have enjoyed every moment of the Alaskan Courage 5 book series, by Dani Pettrey, and in Sabotaged, she goes out with a blaze of .... snow.

Sabotaged finally brings Reef home. The bad boy, prodigal son of the McKenna siblings. And he goes head to head with his childhood nemesis Kirra as they're tossed together to save her cousin and their cherished home of Alaska.

The chemistry between Reef and Kirra was fantastic, and yet I love how Dani stays true to suspense and doesn't focus solely on that. The story drives you forward with pitfall after dangerous situation after breathtaking scenery and icy cold shivers. You can almost see the dog team and feel their thick fur. The snow encrusts in your mind as you travel with Reef and Kirra through snow drifts, fly on a puddle jumper, head for a morning cup of coffee.

I am not disappointed in Sabotage, not even a little bit. I am however disappointed that this beautiful series and family has finally closed its cover.

What would you want to do if you visited Alaska? And don't forget to enter to win YOUR copy!



a Rafflecopter giveaway



_________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

8 comments:

  1. Hey Jaime! I've not read the Alaskan Courage series. After your book report I am putting it on my TBR list.

    Happy Friday!
    psalm103and138[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?!!?!?!?!??!?!!??!?!!?!? Put it at the TOP of your TBR ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much, Jaime!!! Raising my coffee cup to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jaime,

    I have too tell you that I absolutely Love Dani's books! I have all of her Alasken mystery books and I've read them over and over again. But I've been dying to not buy this book just yet because I would like too see if I can win Danie's newest book in her Alasken series.
    Thanks again for doing the free book giveaway. I love getting new books in the mail, when I know it's going to be a Christian Fiction author that I love and highly recommend reading.

    oh.hello.hiya@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting Alaska is on my bucket list. I'd love to see the Northern Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have cruised to Alaska - it is beautiful!! However, would love to return and see the Northern Lights, more wooded and wildlife areas, and take a sled dog ride on top of a glacier (the one I took was on dry land). The glaciers are indescribable - breathtaking when you awake to find your ship surrounded by them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are starting to plan a trip to Alaska to take in a year or two. We are concentrating on the many natural wonders the state has to offer. We want to explore the inland waterways, drive down along the Peninsula, visit Denali NP, visit the cities, native sites, and drive the inland highway to Victoria, BC.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)