Thursday, January 1, 2015

TBT: New Year in the NICU

This was my view five years ago on New Years Day.


Kokomo Jo was four days old, jaundiced, and almost a month premature. Her little lungs were just shy of being fully developed.
 I wasn't sure I would ever be able to care for her alone, or what it was like to hold her without wires and tubes and needles and pokes.











But the New Year brought the day when the wires were disconnected and in my arms was a 6lb 14oz baby girl with dusky blue eyes, a pug nose, and alienish-looking face, and a little hand that squeezed my finger so hard she pinched it.









And my Kokomo Jo came home...


 _________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest




4 comments:

  1. Aww, she was beautiful then and even more beautiful now - you are blessed!! Thanks for the look back in pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess who gets a slumber party this week with Mama?!? :)

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)