Tuesday, December 23, 2014

My Foodie Pic Addiction

Yes, I confess I take pics of my food. Yes, I've posted them on Facebook.
Sheepish grin...

My stuffed peppers, homemade guacamole, quesadillas, beans & chips

Jaime posts selfies. I post food pics.

Yes, I know it annoys some people as much as seeing selfies does. But let's face it, it's better than many other things I could be posting. I'm not ranting. I'm not being negative. I'm not complaining about the state of the world, politics, mob mentality, or police violence in the streets. So what's the big deal if I feel the need on occasion, to post pics of my food? 

My Garden Chowder

It's just that whether it's my own labor, or that of someone else's, when I see a lovely plate of food, my mouth waters. My senses are filled. Satisfaction is near. Every wonderful food memory I have combines in that moment. 

And life is good. And I'm thankful.

My baked Oatmeal with pears

Even my brother took a food pic at Christmas dinner yesterday around the table at my parents. All my mother's hard work, her good cooking, all wrapped up in that plate of food. All her love and care, culminating the years and decades together, ready to land on my palate. Sweet satisfaction. A celebration of love. Yes, that's why I take pictures of my food.

Mom's homemade mashed potatoes, homemade bread, cranberry salad, apple salad, cole slaw, garden green beans and corn, 
& smothered venison steak (on my brothers plate)!

And at this holiday time, I fully intend to enjoy each plate. Each moment of love and yumminess! As you should too! I will unabashedly share all the foodie pics I so feel the need to do. Yes. I will.

May the Lord bless the many, many hands that prepare the food you'll eat over these next holidays!
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter
Represented by Sarah Freese, WordServe Literary

4 comments:

  1. Jaime posts selfies, Anne you post foodies, or rather pictures of food, me? I post pictures of my Grandkids. To each his own....
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love viewing beautiful foods and would love to have the recipe for that baked oatmeal with pears, Anne!!

    Enjoy the goodies this Christmas - looking forward to more pics!!

    Praying a holy, blessed, joyful, peaceful (and delicious food-filled) Christmas for you, dear Anne, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bonnie! Blessings to you as well, and thanks for the Christmas card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)