Monday, December 29, 2014

Goodbye 2014

Wow, what a year it's been! This week we all look back, and look forward. We celebrate the ups, the downs, and take stock of our losses and gains. Then we commit the coming year to our Lord's care, glad that we could not have known all that we might face before we needed to.

Above all, we rejoice in our Savior's sovereign care.


January & February brought frigid temperatures and tons of snow!

In March, Ted and I refueled with a wonderful marriage retreat with friends, and I went north on the train for a writer's weekend with Jaime and Laurie.


 April, & May were full of preparation for Ben's graduation open house. Ted was finishing his first year in his new classroom. We sorted through twenty years of old classroom supplies, and prepared the back yard.



  Our youngest turned 18, graduated, and we pulled off a wonderful open house celebration in June.



In July my mother was very ill, yet miraculously recovered fully and we are still rejoicing!
Ted and I purchased a fun vintage get away, and headed north with friends in August. We proved we are still young at heart, and rode a four-wheeler Razor over Michigan's sand dunes!


 In August we laid my 94 year old grandmother to rest, and launched our youngest.

In between all that craziness, in September I finished my third manuscript and headed off to ACFW writers conference in St. Louis. The "Sister-Chucks" minus one New Zealander (Kara Isaac), were reunited!


 Sisterchucks: Jaime Wright, Laurie Tomlinson, (moi), Halee Matthews, and Sarah Varland


In October, Grandpa Harper went home to be with Jesus.


In November, I celebrated 25 years working as a nurse, the last ten of those as a family nurse practitioner. I was also thrilled to sign a contract with literary agent Sarah Freese of WordServe Literary.

In December, we look back on 2014. 
A year of many milestones.
Farewells.
Launchings.
Friendships.


And we rejoice that the Sovereign God, our Lord Jesus Christ, held each and every one of these moments in His hand, as He does the coming year of 2015.
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter
Represented by Sarah Freese, WordServe Literary

6 comments:

  1. HOLY YEAR!! Anne I remember each of those events like it was yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully I had wonderful friends and family to hold my hand and my heart through this crazy year! ;)

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the look back at your 2014, Anne, thank you!! I had a pretty crazy 2014 also - aren't we blessed that we have godly friends, family and God, Himself, to get us through it all?? PTL!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are blessed Bonnie! Very blessed indeed. Hugs! May He hold your coming year in His hand.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope it reminds someone else that God is Sovereign and compassionate! :)

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)