Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Memories

As always, the end of a year has one looking back and looking forward. We light to reminisce about the highs and lows of the previous twelve months and to stare out at the pristine and unmarked adventure of the next twelve.

For me, as for many, 2014 was a year of milestones and changes. 

  • I was welcomed into the CC&C blogging family.
  • After a season of no writing deadlines and contracts, I got several in a row!
  • My son's basketball team won their conference tournament.
  • My son turned 18 and graduated from high school and began college.
  • I ended my homeschooling career.
  • My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.
  • My husband and I went on an epic vacation touring Civil War sites in the Deep South. 
These were only a few of the milestones and happenings of my year. These were the big ones, but life is made up mostly of the ordinary days between those big events. The laughter, the meals eaten together, the evenings on the patio enjoying the flowers and the lingering twilight, sharing the funny things my daughter's preschool class gets up to, discussing books, movies, and sports teams, worshiping together at church. The big events are great, but it's the little things that color my memories of 2014.

What was a 'Big Thing' that happened to you this past year, and what are some of your favorite 'in between' moments?





Executive Assistant
Earl Grey Aficionado 
Find me on PINTEREST
Find me on GOODREADS
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

2 comments:

  1. So true about the in between moments Erica!! Well said! So many of those that God fills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the big moments were the diagnosis of my cancer and my mother's Alzheimer's and time spent with some of my fave authors - some of the in-between were the interaction with godly online friends, their prayers, and a deepening of my relationship with God through trials. Thanks for letting us take a peek at your list, Erica!! Blessings in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)