Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Who's Your Doppleganger?

My writing sisters call me Katniss. Maybe because I bow hunt, Laurie says it's cause I look like J-Law, but I think over all it's the personality. Fiercely protective of her family. I'm the same way. Willing to go the distance, whatever it is, to defend. Snarky. Uh huh. Not afraid to dress up and not afraid to go all wilderness on you.That's me. And so on ...

Either way, this girl to the left is typically aligned with me as my doppelganger

dop·pel·gäng·er
 noun \ˈdä-pəl-ˌgaŋ-ər, -ˌgeŋ-, ˌdä-pəl-ˈ\

: someone who looks like someone else
: a ghost that looks like a living person
1
:  a ghostly counterpart of a living person
2
a :  double 2a
b :  alter ego b
c :  a person who has the same name as another

Doppelgangers are actually quite fun. As you can see above, according to Webster's, a doppelganger is a double, but also an alter ego.

Take my Anne-Girl. Here is her doppelganger. Definitely NOT a physical double, but in many ways, she has a lot of Anne Shirley in her over-thinking, little mind :) Everything to Anne has an element of poetry. Every moment in life holds significance. Although she never quite gets to the place of a graveyard of buried hopes, she definitely does just breathe in the moment.

So, who is YOUR doppelganger? Either in a double or an alter ego? Has anyone ever assigned a doppelganger to you that makes you go, "say wha---???" :)

WINNER OF LAST FRIDAY'S Drawing: ABBI HART
_________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. Awww, sigh. Now I'm convinced you're my Diana! You get it that I love the Lake of Shining Waters! ;) And I love when you go all Katniss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who my doppleganger is, but Hannah's is Tyra; or vice versa ;) My hubby has an identical twin, so I guess we know who his is, lol. I want one! (pout, stomp, door slam, hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I deserve the honour, but Katsumoto Moritsugu (from "The Last Samurai") has been mentioned. I do look like him, just a bit.

    A favor - if anyone would like to drop by my blog, I accidently changed the template. It looks kind of cool (to me, anyway). Any opinions would be appreciated.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched that last night Andrew! Ironic.

      Delete
    2. Well, now you have a pretty good idea of who one of your readers really is!

      When I saw it for the first time with my wife, at the end she said, "Uh, oh. So THAT'S what I married. Dear God."

      Delete
    3. Well, let's hope you're not the Last Samurai...that didn't go so well for him ;)

      Delete
    4. It was a good death.

      Actually, facing that prospect in the near future (according to my doctors, whom I intend to prove wrong) I can think of worse role models.

      We leave a legacy not only in how we live, but also in how we die.

      Delete
    5. Andrew, we all face death. Many of pretend it's not impending and lose the urgency to live life with meaning, eliminating the fluff. Live well, that you may die well. Blessings on this journey--we are ALL on it!

      Delete
  4. I found my doppelganger in a newspaper article about exchange students when I was about 13 years old. There was this girl from Germany who looked exactly like me except that her hair was curly & mine is straight. I always wished that I could meet her...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that's kinda cool. Did you cut the picture out and save it?

      Delete
  5. This is fun! I can totally see Katniss in you, Jaime!

    I guess Laurie is the doppleganger pro. She says mine is the girl from Friday Night Lights. I can't remember her name and I have no idea what she looks like, but I'll take it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she means Connie Britton. :)

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)