Thursday, October 23, 2014

TBT: Favorite Throwback Shows & Movies

You might not realize it, but writers have to research the T.V. shows and movies that best reflect the flavor of their writing. The list gives agents, editors, and publishers a concept of the voice and genre the author writes.

Erica and I had fun this week, throwing around the oldies and goodies that shaped us. Here are a few of my fun throwbacks:

"Little House on the Prairie"


"The Waltons"



"Anne of Green Gables"

"The Sound of Music"

"My Fair Lady"

Don't expect a rerun if you read my book some day. However, do you know the saying, "you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl"?  Well, you can take me out of those decades, but you can't take those decades out of me. 

These favorites are the short list!  
What are your oldies, but savored favorites?
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter

10 comments:

  1. I love Little House on the Prairie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the books to the shows--the best!

      Delete
  2. Camelot (the movie), Polyanna, and The Parent Trap (original). John Wayne movies, Rio Bravo and The Cowboys. I can watch any and all of these over and over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I grew up on John Wayne movies. I can do a pretty good impression. Maybe I should have done a video blog--LOL!! "Pipe down there, ya little missy..." :)

      Delete
  3. Love to see that impression Anne! I forgot True Grit, another favorite, and what beautiful scenery in that movie! Of course I love Glenn Campbell but he was a terrible actor in that movie but made up for it with the theme song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I loved True Grit also, and grew up changing the record stack of Johnny Cash and Glenn Campbell for my Dad. :)

      Delete
  4. We love all of the movies you posted above. Another good oldie is 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. It's another musical and my kids love it. My personal favorites are the Jane Austen Classics, such as the older A&E version of Emma and the 1995 A&E version of Pride and Prejudice (also known as the long version).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anybody know of a published 'cocktail table book' of My Fair Lady? I'd like to find one that includes all three Hollywood made productions (Andrews, Hepburn, Streisand). I'm most interested in the interior set scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anybody know of a published 'cocktail table book' of My Fair Lady? I'd like to find one that includes all three Hollywood made productions (Andrews, Hepburn, Streisand). I'm most interested in the interior set scenes.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)