Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Traveling to Conference


It's finally here! Time to travel to the ACFW Conference in St. Louis. Many friends have been in a flurry of preparations, some for weeks, some for months! As the time draws near, I feel more and more like the kid in this commercial.

I can't wait to see people, to learn in the classes, to connect with my agent, my agency, and my publishers again. I can't wait to root on the winners in the Genesis and Carol contests, and to have coffee (well, tea for me) with Jaime and Anne. I can't wait to get new headshots taken by the conference photographer, and I can't wait to spend time breathing writer-saturated air.

I also can't wait to see what Jaime posts on her Facebook author page during the conference. :)


Writers are always trying to get a great ROI, (Return On Investment) and conferences are certainly an investment, both financially and emotionally. If you're thinking about attending a conference and you want to make sure you get good bang for your buck, consider reading The Christian Writer's Coach: How to Get the Most out of a Writer's Conference. I have an article in this anthology on One Sheets. The kindle version of the book is available for just $3.99 and all proceeds go to the Northwest Christian Writer's Conference.

You can find the book by clicking  HERE


Have you been to a professional conference before? Was it stressful, invigorating, exhausting, uplifting, all of the above?

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about/from each of you at ACFW, Erica!! Thanks!! Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)