Monday, September 15, 2014

ACFW Hype!

It's time for ACFW Hype again!

If you are new to the blog and writerly world, ACFW is American Christian Fiction Writers. Each year we have a conference where we congregate, mix, mingle, worship, and do writerly things. 

We attend writing workshops and pitch our work to agents, editors, and publicists. The unpublished rub shoulders with the published. Mentors hold the hands of the quaking-in-their-boots-newbies. We coach each other. We laugh, eat, cry, and eat chocolate together. We can't survive without our coffee--so Jaime usually packs her coffee maker and enough coffee to pump up an army!
Each year I am excited to meet new friends from all over the globe. We are having a mixer on Laurie's blog to introduce ourselves to new friends. So....here goes!
Name: Anne Love
Location: Northern Indiana
What you write/tagline: Historical Romance/flavored with rural charm & wit
Place in the book world: Pre-published author with three completed manuscripts and one in the brainstorming process! Still on the look-out for the right agent :)
On a scale of hugger to 10-foot-pole, please rate your personal space: Definitely a hugger, with an added prayer when the Spirit moves. :)
The unique talking point that will get you going for hours: history, traveling, character development, romance, brainstorming, relationships, movies, books.
People at home you'll be missing: My husband, Ted. Two college age young adults I'm proud and amazed to call my children, Emily and Ben. Princess, our half siamese cat.
Conference goals we can pray for? I always ask God for divine appointments whether it be new friends, old and dear ones, or potential agents, editors, and publicists. I'm trusting God's timing for the rest!
Up for any contests/awards? Nope. 
Any disclosures, disclaimers, or crucial information we must know? I have been known to open my mouth and misspeak silly things. I write better than I speak, especially if I'm nervous. I'm jealous of people who grew up reading voraciously, because I always struggled to read as a youngster. I love to laugh. :)
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter

5 comments:

  1. Anne, maybe this year is your year. Agents be ready to grab an up and coming author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail. I'm praying God's will and direction.

      Delete
  2. Love your "mixer" list, Anne!!

    You're a lady after my own heart, in a number of ways, and I look forward to the day when we will meet face-to-face. There are times when I, too, feel more free to express myself on paper/online than face-to-face.

    Praying numerous divine appointments come your way at this year's ACFW, and hoping it is God's timing the produce fruit then, as well. Have fun!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)