Friday, August 22, 2014

Your questions answered

Jaime is marooned in the far north with S...l...o...w internet access, so she asked me to post for Friday this week.


Since you all asked Jaime such fun questions last week, I thought I'd take a shot at answering them myself. (You can find Jaime's answers HERE.)

Jolene asked Even though fall is your favorite season, name something you really love about summer :
Actually, summer is my favorite season, and winter is my least favorite, but there are a few things I like about winter.
  1. Hot Earl Grey tea.
  2. My fleece jammie pants.
  3. Christmas!

Danie Walther asked:
What kind of Starbucks drink do you like? How often do you go too Starbucks?

I don't go to Starbucks often, partly because the Starbucks here in Rochester, MN is downtown and not easily accessible. But when I do visit a Starbucks, I usually drink either iced tea or Earl Grey, depending on the outside temperature. I do visit my local coffee shop, Dunn Brothers, four or five times a week when I'm on a writing deadline.

Susan P asked:
If you could live at a coffee house, would you? 

Um...yeah, I could live at Dunn Brothers. :)

Salyna asked:
 I haven't roamed this site so I was wondering what all your posts are about? How long have you had this blog and do you have any others? Also, Are you a big fan of Julie Lessman?

Jaime answered this one admirably regarding this blog and its history. as to being a fan of Julie Lessman...she's a beautiful woman, inside and out. If you get to meet her in person, you'll be overwhelmed with her passion for life, for Jesus, and for writers. She's a gem!

Sarah asked:
What is your favorite book you have read this year?
What is something you would love to do, if money was no object? 
Your favorite Bible verse, at the moment (if you're anything like me, it probably changes fairly often)?

Favorite Book this year...I discovered Craig Johnson's Longmire series, and I've devoured every one. I think his Hell is Empty might've been my favorite.

If money was no object...What Jaime said about bringing Katie Gansher's baby girl home from the Congo was a great answer. Beyond that, I think I'd visit the British Museum and stay for a month!

Favorite Bible Verse: Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not, for I am with thee. Be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Heidi Robbins asked:
What is your favorite flavor of doughnut and ice cream?

Doughnut? Bavarian Creme filled, chocolate covered Bismark.
Ice Cream? Maple Pecan or fresh, homemade peach.

Bonton asked:
Just wondering how many books you have completed, how many are in the works and/or planning stages (any hints on storylines ??), and where are you in your journey to being published ?? 

I have 14 novels and novellas published, with four more in the works. I've got several in the planning stage that I need to get solidified so I can talk to editors about them. Hints on story lines?  You can learn about my upcoming releases in by clicking  HERE 

Teri asked:
If you could talk to one woman from the Bible who would it be and why?

Esther. I've always loved her story. And my mom's name is Esther. :)

Gail H asked:

I would love to know about your salvation experience. How old were you? How did the Holy Spirit get your attention? How did you know it was real?

I was eleven when I realized that salvation was a personal experience, and that I wasn't 'saved' by going to church, or because my parents were saved. The Holy Spirit got my attention through my fourth grade Sunday school teacher, Ann Cromwell. I know it was real because the Bible says it is and Jesus in my life makes a big difference. :)

These were so fun! Thanks for asking such fun questions. I hope you all have a lovely weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting - thanks for another glimpse into your daily life, Erica!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)