Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summertime Fun, Writing & Romance

My husband left me. To Guatemala. On a missions trip. So I have a week off to lament my husband's departure and go on the adventure of single parenting. So Laurie came to rescue me. My sweetheart crit partner is a beacon of light in a lonely week where this work-outside-the-home would be a tad loss at what to do with the littles. So Laurie flew in from Oklahoma with her little, AG, and we are having a party complete with ice cream, double stuffed oreos, princess dress up, bubbles, and swimming! Poor Peter Pan is the only boy, but he's surviving by trying on princess shoes, tiaras and he's rocking the Sofia the Princess amulet necklace. (Daddy will be so proud).

It's VBS all week, so we're taking the kiddos there for some healthy Spiritual dosage and disappearing for a few hours to write and chat romance for our novels. Then whisk the kiddos away to bed and more late night writing and rom-coms.

It's a rough life being on vacation and having a girl party. Seeing friends is so heartwarming when your right arm was cut off and flown to Central America.

So what's your favorite thing to do with your girlfriends? How do you survive the woes of a missing spouse?





_______________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ted, my dear hubby, thought it put his name in---he posted and thought it put his name up. He thought you would like this Jaime. But when I showed him, it posted as "unknown" he was crest-fallen and said, "aww, now it really does look like I lurked." LOL :)

      Delete
  2. Looks and sounds like fun! I can't wait to hear/read what y'all come up with!
    It's a tad depressing to admit that I have neither a close girlfriend, nor a significant other. So I will just be happy for you and keep praying for the day God brings one or both of them into my life. :)
    Hope you ladies have a great rest of the week!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm trying hard not to be jealous. How much fun are you guys having!!!!

    My favorite thing to do with my bestie (Who happens to be my daughter, Heather) is a 'girl day' where we shop and have lunch and go to the library and giggle and set up our laptops at the local coffee shop and write. :)

    How do I survive the woes of a missing spouse...after almost 25 years of marriage...I realized I am the one who is always leaving him! He's never left me at home alone for an overnight. Hmm...is that odd?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the perfect fun week for both you and Laurie, and the "littles", Jaime!! I don't have a spouse, but certainly enjoy getting together with my girlfriends and going to a new restaurant or a movie, to the pool or for a pedi, traveling for a weekend away, attending a women's Christian conference, or just chatting!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)