Tuesday, April 29, 2014

What's Your TV Secret Pleasure?

May 5th my secret television pleasure will return to my family room! 24 was that show that I watched religiously, jumped with every gun shot, winced with every uppercut, started at every downed terrorist, and hyperventilated every time Jack Bauer looked like he wouldn't live to the 24th episode. My husband rode the journey with me, with far less emotional attachment, but nonetheless, the days before children ... every Tuesday night ... we attached ourselves to that guilty pleasure of 24. AND IT'S BACK!! May 5th I will be, at 7 o' clock sharp, planted in front of my television. Ok wait. I have kids now. Make that at 8 o' clock sharp, once kids are in bed, I'll turn on my dvr and watch Jack Bauer make his return from his obscure disappearance into the wind. The world will hunt for him, bullets will fly, violence will abound, and I will sit and watch in horrified glee.

This is what television can do to us. Of course, most of you will probably go "ew" to my Jack Bauer obsession. Unless you're my fan-mate, Melissa Tagg, in which case, she'll don her "This Girl Loves Her Jack Bauer" t-shirt just as I don mine, and we'll sit in pure rapture.

So what's your guilty TV pleasure? I asked a few folks this week and it ranged from the Duggar's 19 Kids and Counting to NCIS to Little Honey BOO BOO!?!?! 

But no judgment here. I'm curious, what am I missing that to you is a must see of good moving-picture fiction (or reality show, 'cause truth be told, it's still mostly fiction).




_________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

14 comments:

  1. YAY 24!! I'm so ridiculously excited. I've got my t-shirt all ready to wear...and I'm ready for the post-episode shoulder-ache I'll probably get from tensing up every time something explodes or someone gets shot...and oh, I'm just so ridiculously excited to see Jack again. :)

    My other guilty TV pleasure is consistently rewatching Gilmore Girls. I've recently run into other GG fans online and we now have our own FB group where we gather to group-watch episodes and chat during them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? I've been told on numerous occasions that I would love GG. I must check it out!

      Delete
  2. My all-time favorite show up and ended 2 years ago - Leverage. I have all the seasons on DVD and catch reruns on Ion, bit it's not the same as setting the DVR timer for every Sunday night, then sitting down for 4 straight hours to catch up and trying to guess what they might tackle next.
    My favorite show that is still on, is NCIS - yes, I know. I've joined the bandwagon. Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leverage! Yes!! Great show. I thoroughly enjoyed that one. And no worries, I've been riding the NCIS & NCIS-LA bandwagon for years!

      Delete
    2. Sarah! I LOVE Leverage...and like you, I have the series on DVD, and I watch it on Ion. Currently, my daughter and I are watching the series and we're on The Second David Job from season one. :) Did you hear that Christian Kane got cast in the new Dean Devlin spinoff of the Librarian franchise? :D :D :D

      Delete
    3. Erica, no! I hadn't heard that! I will totally have to watch the first episode at least! :D
      Oh, the Second David Job was a good one! My mom and I have started watching them over again, too. We're on the first episode of the second season (no idea what it's called). :)

      Delete
  3. My current guilty pleasure TV is The Voice. I also love Elementary on Thursday nights...and though I've been a Castle fan since it began, it's losing its charm for me. Once Beckett and Castle got engaged, all the zip went out of the show and it became just another cop-drama. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE VOICE!!!! I love The Voice!! Elementary I watch on occasion depending on how caught up I am on my writing deadlines. I never got into Castle. I tried. I just ... couldn't.

      Delete
  4. I've always been a big fan of The Andy Griffith Show, I still watch it every night. I could probably quote lines by heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that show is just pure classic good TV!!!

      Delete
  5. My guilty pleasure isn't TV.

    It's used books. Recently I found a copy of Carlo D'Este's biography of George Patton...over 1000 pages...for a dollar.

    A tenth of a cent per page! Who can beat that?

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2014/04/is-it-ever-too-late-for-your-marriage.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! Better use of your time. WOW! that's a hefty book but Patton is a fascinating person!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Jaime!!

    Guess I'm odd - have never watched 24, and care little for any cop, law, or medical series!! I am one of those who does enjoy 19 Kids and Counting, also -The Little Couple, Dancing With the Stars, Duck Dynasty (mostly because of their expressions of faith), and shows such as 20/20, 60 Minutes, and Prime Time, etc.. I used to watch a lot of TV, too much probably, but now watch very little and spend my time listening to music, reading, online with the Christian authors/readers, or watching Christian music or bible study DVD's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family (well most) are BOG 24 fans and looking forward to it coming back. My hubby and I got very behind with all our travels, and need to have a 24 marathon to catch up. That is actually the most fun way to watch it anyway, because you don't have to wait a week to find out what is next. That is how we watched the 1st two seasons and then when we started watching it 'live' during season 3 it was really hard--we didn't like having to 'wait a week'.
    As for other faves, we both like reality TV or as my hubby calls it, "contrived reality TV, like Survivor and Biggest Loser.
    As for me (not particularly my hubby) I like 19 & Counting, Little People, Big World (they are neighbors & Matt used to work at the same company as my hubby, before the show--sad about their separation & praying for reconnection) & Little Couple. So thrilled the little couple has their two wonderful children now & Jen is finished with her cancer treatments.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)