Friday, March 28, 2014

Book Report: Caught in the Middle by Regina Jennings

Caught in the Middle by Regina Jennings:

~~Relaxing and Engrossing
~~Fun and Heart Warming

Regina Jennings turns out another historical romance to add to your shelves!

The last person Nick Lovelace expects to save his life--is buffalo hunting, sharp shooting Anne Tillerton from back home in Prairie Lea.

The last person Anne ever expected to ask for help--was the trouser dressed, suit pressed businessman, Nick Lovelace.

In an unlikely twist, Anne is thrust into leaving the buffalo hunt and into becoming a foster mother for a little boy who pulls on her heartstrings in ways no one else has been able to achieve since Anne's past has been shrouded in rumor and painful secrets. Only for Sammy will Anne trade her canvas and boots for lace and linen.

Nick Lovelace has put all his business eggs in the basket of one manipulative wealthy woman, who has it in for Anne. "Caught between their own dreams, a deepening relationship, and others' expectations, can the pair find their way to love?"

And, I must say, who doesn't love a heroine named Anne?!

Author Bio: Regina Jennings is homeschooling mother of four from Oklahoma. She enjoys watching musicals with her kids, traveling with her husband and reading by herself. When not plotting historical fiction she plots how she could move Highclere Castle, stone by stone, into her pasture and how she could afford the staff to manage it.

Besides Caught in the Middle, Regina is also the author of Sixty Acres and a Bride and Love in the Balance.  Her novella An Unforeseen Match was included in the best-selling collection A Match Made in Texas. She loves to hear from readers at her website - www.reginajennings.com and on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.

Readers:  you're invited to leave a comment for a chance to win a free copy, limited to continental United States, check back at next week's book report to find out the winner! 
What's your favorite state for a Historical Romance?
What's your favorite Decade for a Historical story?
_____________

Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter 

37 comments:

  1. This sounds rather hilarious! What a great premise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute! Glad it caught your interest Linsey!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to read this one since I loved Sixty Acres and a Bride! The cover is so good- love the boots! I don't have a favorite state, but I love historical romances set in the midwest. Thanks!

    colorvibrant at gmail dot com
    http://heidi-reads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure this one will fit the bill for you Heidi!

      Delete
  3. This sounds quite intriguing...can't wait to read what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful review, Anne!!

    Sounds like a really fun novel - cute story line, I love novels with children in them, and love the cover of "Caught In The Middle"!! Thanks for the opportunity to win a copy!!

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! I love many eras in history. One of my faves is 1800's america - the wild wild west. :)
    lattebooks at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Early 1800's, mid, or late? ohhh, wild west! :)

      Delete
  6. I'm partial to books set in my home state of Kansas, but also really enjoy books set in Texas, another state where I've lived. I really don't have a favorite decade for historical books. For me, a good story can be set any time, any where!

    pmk56[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Pam, if the story is good, any time works!

      Delete
  7. I love New York in the late 1890s as my favorite state and time period.

    cjp1873 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh, love that setting and time period Christina!

      Delete
  8. I would love to be able to read another book written by Regina. She is such a talented writer and her characters seem to "come alive" in her writings. I would suggest setting a story in Alabama during the 1920's. I also agree with the others about setting a story in the 1800's period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I don't believe I've read anything in Alabama in the 1920's...hmmm. :)

      Delete
  9. Ummmm, I can't decide between New York and Texas. Love both of those states. Can I pick them both?? I love anything in the late 1800's. I can't wait to read this book. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd have to choose late 1800's too, if I had to choose.

      Delete
  10. Texas.... In the 1800s.... Can't go wrong with cowboys and the dresses :) I love love the cover of this book and think it is awesome she got to wear the dress at her book functions :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a winner! Count me in please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds interesting! I've only read Regina's novella in A Match Made in Texas and really enjoyed it. I should try to find her other books - if they are as good as the novella, then I would really enjoy them.
    I'm not sure I have a favorite for either. Most of the historicals I've read are set in Texas or Montana, but I'm not particularly attached to either.
    I don't think I can choose a favorite period. I love almost all of them (I can pass on the Middle Ages, for the most part). Most are in the later 1800s or early 1900s, but I've read others and have equally enjoyed them, so I don't know. I know that doesn't really answer your question, but that's the best I've got.
    Thanks for the opportunity to win this book!

    bookluver1492[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite state for historical fiction book is Texas in the 1800's.
    koho143 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, I think Texas has the most votes so far!

      Delete
  14. I love reading about Texas but I enjoy reading historical fiction about any state.
    hannahpeasha(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all kinds of historical fiction, but especially those set in the deep south. ;) Thanks for the great giveaway! I'd love to read this one!
    ozarkwriter(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savanna, the Ozarkwriter, not a surprise you like stories from the deep south! :)

      Delete
  16. 60 Acres and A Bride was great! Would love to read something new by Regina.
    If I had to pick a state for a historical romance, I would pick California, set in maybe the1870's or around there.

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love to read this author and this book sounds awesome...I enjoy the state of Nebraska and early years of late 1800 or early 1900's period. Love reading historical stories.
    thanks for sharing
    Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never read a book by this author, but I love historical fiction set in any time period. I like reading about books out West. Sarahsmithstorm@ gmail dot com. Happy Reading! Good luck everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The state would have to be Alabama and I'd say anywhere from 1890 to 1910.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My favorite state would be Nebraska and late 1800's to mid 1900's.

    wfnren(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another vote Alabama, a noter vote Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete
  22. mmm....
    Texas
    and 1950's. :)
    This sounds like a fun book!
    audreypsalm421ATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)