Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ramblings and Mutterings of a Writer

Hey all!! It's a happy Tuesday and I decided to spruce up the blog post with an optional "vlog". Meaning--watch at your own risk, I'm really bad on camera. Some of you have asked what happens after you sign with an agent, so I answer THAT burning question as well as discuss life as an agented writer.

I'm not going to wax eloquent here at the CCC Blog about the writing world on a consistent basis. Anne and I are far more down to earth and realize there's more to life than just writing and the world of. BUT!! Since some of you have indicated you really enjoy the behind the scenes look at what it is Anne and I do...I thought I'd elaborate some today on life after signing an agent.

So, here you are. If you're smart, you'll just leave a comment and bypass my ridiculous little video.



Burning questions of the day:

If you're a writer, published or aspiring, what has been one of the hardest challenges you've faced? If you're a reader, what is one major question you've always wanted to ask someone in the writing world?

_____________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MADE IT!! A cameo! I heard myself IM you in the middle of the video :)

    One of the hardest challenges I've faced as a writer is my current revision of my first book. But you know all about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! You're so right! That WAS you IM-ing me!

      Delete
  3. You mentioned book 1,2,3 and possible 4. Are they stand alone novels or a continuation? With writing be a long and arduous process to getting published, what motivates you to keep going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First 3 are stand a lone but can be part of a trilogy as they're all in the same area and have recurring characters. :) 4 is book 1 in the same type of trilogy. What motivates me to keep writing? It's my ESCAPE!!! I enter a world of freedom to go wherever my characters take me. It's passion and love. :)

      Delete
  4. That video was super cute!! Sorry, no burning questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No burning questions huh? Not even what coffee flavor am I drinking today? ;)

      Delete
  5. Fun video! :-D It's good to know that agents aren't always sending revision requests and re-writing your story...(I had a nightmare experience with an agent). Glad to hear that your days are still filled with writing and coffee. The hardest thing for me as a writer is making it through the horrible first draft... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the video, Jaime, & loved hearing your "sweet" voice! Always fun (& appreciated), connecting a voice, & face, with the print! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)