Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Downton Abbey Confessions

I have a horrible confession to make. I've already watched Season 4 of Downton Abbey. *Jaime shrinks* Yes. I did. I blame Facebook and the secret closed group that really isn't all that secret if you get invited to it. So really it's Jessica Patch's fault. Blame her. Yeah. Not me.

While everyone is hyping up for the first episode in January, I'm hyping up for the hyperlink to the 2-hr Christmas special that will set me up for next season in September 2014. 

The problem lies in the fact that I live vicariously through British television. The Paradise is another show I'm getting hooked on. That one is Laura Frantz's fault. I drink Earl Grey Tea. Erica Vetsch's fault. I salute the British flag every morning. My co-worker's fault. His office is decked out in honor of the Queen. I distinctly remember my jaunt across London on the top deck of the double-decker red bus (bucket list item checked off). Yes. We may have seceded from the nation 300 years ago or so, but inside me beats the heart of a Brit. Well. As far as Brit television goes. Reading about the Royal family makes me yawn.

Ok so ... SPOILER ALERT. No. Kidding. You almost shut the page down didn't you? :) :) :)

But, I know who these men are! Yes. I do. I know who they like, what they say, etc. etc.

I also know that those of you hooked on DA will be stunned by an especially wicked turn of events. Uh. Huh. Yep.

In fact, one episode might turn the faint of heart off from ever watching DA again. Don't worry. It gets better. I think.

And your favorite characters? They're all there in the end. Yep. And that's not a spoiler because DA was VERY PUBLIC in reassuring that no one dies this season. So rest easy ... the Baroness is still there in the end.

So as December winds down and you gear up for January's Downton Abbey opening, don't hate me when I'm already waiting for Season 5.

How many of you are Downton fans? Who's your favorite character? What's one thing you'd do if you could travel to the UK?


_____________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. Confession: I already watched it too!! :) All I can say is: EDITH. That woman can't catch a break.

    And I enjoyed The Paradise, too. Not as much as DA, but I did like it. Oddly, the character I was most interested in was Catherine...especially in the second season. She's still scheme-ish and whatnot, but I felt bad for her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched one episode of it and just couldn't get into it. *hides* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!! Thanks to you. You said I would and I do! And you're drinking tea?? YES! If you like Earl Grey try English Breakfast, you might like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A DOWNTON CONVERT! :) :) :) Oh, yes. English Breakfast is good with honey in it :)

      Delete
  4. Oh dear. I used to love it. I really, really did. Maybe I will again. But when Matthew died, I got cranky pants and quit DA. I'm sorry. Don't hate me!! And seriously, I wasn't mad about why he had to go like some people. I totally got that. I was just crushed and perhaps needed to grieve. So, someday I will pick it up again. My husband I both were sucked into it big time. =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHHHH!!!!!! I don't hate you, but grieving over lady, get back on the horse! ;) or carriage might be more appropriate ... ;)

      Delete
  5. I watched a part of one episode, didn't find it to be my "cup of tea" - pun intended! Perhaps, I didn't give it a chance! However - I LOVE tea, does that count (LOL)?

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)