Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Last week Facebook was all a twitter with collective anticipation of the new Sound of Music. I didn't watch it, but I loved the collective sense of excitement that I recall form my childhood when special shows only aired once a year. Christmas is a time of collective anticipation of hope, when we all look toward a time spent together to be thankful.

I can just hear Julie Andrews singing:

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens 
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eye lashes
Silver white winters that melt into spring
These are a few of my favorite things!"

Here are a few of my favorite things: 


Favorite Hymns


Snuggly Socks and Warm Fires


Fuzzy Flannels


Childhood Memories and Wonderment


Winterscapes

What are your favorite things?





6 comments:

  1. Inner joy from the Holy Spirit, hugs from my grand kids, good health, donuts with COFFEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my mom's homemade cinnamon rolls with COFFEE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm, homemade cinnamon rolls are always the best. :) Pretty much what you listed is on my top list, including any type of latte or cappuccino, Christmas music and chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love to put on Handel's Messiah too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorites include EVERYTHING on your list & more: praise & worship music; beautiful candles & lights; ALL things pumpkin, chocolate, & peanut butter (throw in lots of ice cream, & tea, also); how can we forget books (the bible, being foremost - of course); the fellowship, & joy, of friends, & family; God's beautiful scenery - the travel to view it, & photography, for the places I haven't been blessed to visit, in person; the beauty of EACH season; & the thing for which I am MOST thankful - my salvation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cup of hot coffee and twinkling lights.
    Jesus in my spirit and simplicity in joy.
    Sweet little giggles and good books to read.
    And another cup of joe--sometimes to go. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)