Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday's Coffee

I've been practicing relaxation this week.

So much of life is a huge to-do list.

Even sitting on the couch reading, the back of my mind keeps calculating--how long can I sit here before I will feel too guilty to remain here due to the amount of tasks remaining on my list?

It's why camping and vacations are good--because you can't reach your to-do list from there. On vacation, you cannot attack your dust bunnies, or do eight loads of laundry, or look at your fridge and think about how you should clean the rotten veggies out of the veggie drawer.

But what's it to the dust bunnies and fermenting veggies if I drink one more cup of coffee, or read another chapter in my book? I'll have three less gray hairs if I can just get this relaxation thing working.

Pull up a chair. Get your coffee on. Crack the pages of your favorite book. Let go. Breathe. Just for a while.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter



6 comments:

  1. I'm getting my coffee on today! And I'm letting fermenting veggies ferment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! Let the dust bunnies live to see another day. They won't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HISTORICAL FICTION

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)