Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What's Your Show?

Ok. It's Fall Line Up season. I cannot afford to spend hours watching TV. Although I DID write my last book DURING TV shows, I think I can probably cut down on some editing time by actually CONCENTRATING on my first draft. :)

So not only did we cancel extraneous Satellite channels (and saved $80/mo), but I chose 3 shows we would DVR and watch together. Isn't my husband great? He may rule the remote, but he let me rule the line up! :)

My first two picks:

One night of TV together (parents of little children and who can't leave home EVER date night)



I love NCIS everything. Call me a junkie. I'm horrified Ziva is leaving this year. Can I get an AMEN?!

My third pick:

Sunday night when my mind is blown from 4 evenings of straight up writing


I LOVE Once Upon a Time. It's like all my fairy tales and adventures of a kid wrapped into an adult package and made "ok" again. I'm in love with Captain Hook. What can I say? I'm sorry?

BUT I HAVE A CONUNDRUM!! Monday night my husband was occupying the family room with a couple from church for marriage counseling. So I was editing my heart out upstairs when ALAS my computer ran out of battery and my charger was downstairs. I couldn't interrupt the session.SO I turned on TV. Blacklist. Never heard of that show. Fine. I'll watch its premiere episode because it doesn't interest me so I won't get hooked.

STUPIDEST IDEA EVER!

OH MY GOSH!
THIS SHOW IS AMAZING!!

I'm trying to figure out if I have time to squeeze in another show and make it an even 4.


Do any of you watch these shows? Are you anti-TV-waste-of-time? What's your fave for the upcoming season?

19 comments:

  1. Okay so I don't watch much TV at all but fall premier time is always when I start to feel my defenses weaken...because there are always a bunch of cool-looking shows! I have to force myself to stay away because I know I'll get hooked. BUT I am watching one premier for sure this week--Parenthood. It's my one "I can't miss this" show. Well, that and Sherlock and Downton Abbey, but those don't count because they don't premier in the US in the fall. Haha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh durn it. I forgot Downton. Well, I'm watching once a week over lunch at work, so that doesn't count. And since I'm watching it on Brit time, it'll be over for me by January :)

      Delete
  2. As I told M. Tagg, Parenthood is my can't-miss favorite. I'm not allowed to admit what the other one is in public, but maybe I'll share someday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PM ME!! Now I'm curious. If you say Little Honey Boo Boo, I may just barf a little, girlfriend ;)

      Delete
    2. No fair. If she PMs you, then you have to tell me. Like the telephone game. Because I'm dying of curiosity, too! Wonder how many rounds we can go before it comes out as something entirely different...?

      Delete
  3. I'm pulling back on TV so I haven't let myself watch any new shows, but I won't lie. It's been tough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Castle. Hands down, I have to see it. I don't mind watching it on Hulu another night, or even catching up on a few episodes later, but I keep up with it for sure.

    My other favorite is Big Bang Theory. (Yes, it can be crass, so I hope no one is offended.) But it's comic relief for life with my oldest (a mix between Sheldon and Leonard)...and it's only half an hour, so not as much time wasted. haha. (Ironically, the 1st season premier of Parenthood was too emotional for me and I opted out...too familiar of my Asperger's child at that age.)

    Bones was one of my top favorites but I couldn't keep up with everything and got behind. So last season I stopped watching, deciding I'd wait for Netflix to get it. So I'm WAY behind on that one but I figure it gives me something to watch when there's nothing else. ;D

    I can't write or edit after 10pm unless I've overdosed on caffeine that day, so I figure a tv show isn't really interrupting, right? Sometimes my husband and I watch a movie or reruns Everybody loves Raymond (etc) on Netflix as we unwind at the end of crazy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um. That was long-winded. Oops. 8-|

      Delete
    2. I like long winded. It's fun. I can't get into Castle. The actor is so corny. Sorry. Don't unfriend me. BBT - funny! Sheldon cracks me up. I never watched Parenthood, so if I had more time I'd check it out. And you're absolutely write about the 10 pm cut off time :)

      Delete
  5. BAhahaa! You thought you wouldn't get hooked on a new show? ;) It always happens that way.
    I am a HUGE NCIS junkie also and am beside myself with horror at Ziva leaving. *sniff* It just won't be the same. Of course I totally cried when Kate died too.
    My hubby and I got rid of tv a while ago and now only stream Netflix late at night when we are relaxing. We were totally hooked on White Collar, Psych, Burn Notice and NCIS. Now we try to catch all the new episodes whenever they come out on Netflix.
    Oh and Hook? Um YEAH. OUAT wouldn't be right without Hook. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love my DVR, I probably watch to many shows, but I often watch them while I am walking on my treadmill, that makes it a little better doesn't it. Love Big Bang Theory! The Mentalist is another favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - absolutely walking while watching makes it better! :)

      Delete
  7. Being retired - I was watching too much tv, started spending more time online - now spending too much time online. What can I say - just have an addictive side to my personality (lol)! I like HGTV, reality shows such as The Little Couple, 19 Kids & Counting, Dancing With the Stars, Duck Dynasty, & documentary-type shows, such as 20/20, 60 Minutes etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and my admin assist would get along great, Bonnie! She watches all those too. In fact, I don't HAVE to watch them because she recounts them for me when I get to work ;)

      Delete
  8. Hubby and I recorded The Blacklist. We watched it tonight - pretty good. Nice twist at the end. I'll give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The twist was a kicker. Kind of Bourne Identity meets ... Jack Bauer meets ... YUM

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)