Monday, September 16, 2013

Final Moments of ACFW

Coming home from ACFW is like coming home from summer camp after a week, and somewhat like Moses coming down from the mountain. We're all still glowing, but no one at home got to share what we shared. So here's a bit of a glimpse. 

It was another full day of networking, agent & editor appointments, and pitching our manuscripts. It culminated with the final Gala and Carol Awards--which is like a mini ACFW Emmy awards. Fancy dresses and top hats. Famous authors, and wanna-be authors. So many dear dear women of God, serving Him with their stories and words. And some great men, like Frank Peretti and so many others. 

One of the best parts is the Genesis Awards when the winners are announced for each category of unpublished authors. We anxiously awaited to hear of our friend and crit partner, Laurie had won. What a great time, because everyone at ACFW was a winner in my book!


Jaime, Anne, & Laurie


So proud of Laurie for her Genesis Award!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for taking us along with you - thoroughly enjoyed it, next best thing to being there! Your coverage was the most thorough of any I saw on Facebook & the blogs - really enjoyed seeing your preparation before your arrival there, & the giveaways - also.

    Have to ask - did you all get any sleep? Would imagine that as glad as you were to get home - it was somewhat anticlimactic, after all the excitement at the conference?

    You & Jaime were in my prayers while there - I sincerely hope that connections were made that will move you forward in your journey to being published. Thanks again, Anne & Jaime!

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, so sweet Bonnie! We really appreciate the prayers. And no, we didn't sleep much. Between staying up late giggling and sharing, and God waking me in the night, and an allergy fit in the middle of the night. But I still feel refreshed in ways sleep cannot provide. I will sleep this week! Please keep praying, we covet your prayers over our families and our efforts to keep our act balanced and right before our amazing God.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed meeting you both! The conference was definitely amazing and I loved every single second. Even the first nerve-wracked, botched pitch. It was God-designed as I saw later. He works in everything... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, He does. Very fun to meet "cjoy" finally!

      Delete
  3. I had such a great time but then I get home and find out all the people I wish I'd run into... with so many people, you have to basically be in the elevator face to face to put faces and name tags together.

    I did see Laurie in the ladies room before the awards started -I hope that's not TMI, but she was just so adorable I instantly wanted to see her win and cheered when she did.

    Wasn't the whole thing amazing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was trying so hard to stay calm and channeling my efforts into nervous babbling!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)