Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday's Coffee: First Day of School

I'm up and at it. Back to my usual school morning routine. Today is my son's first day of school, and it's his senior year!

He requested french toast for breakfast. I've made a batch and several cups of coffee. My husband started school last week and my daughter heads off to college next week. The starting of things and the parting of ways is a little bumpy, but overall, I like getting back to a routine after the lazy days of summer.

What routines do you enjoy getting back to?

Notice: You may start to see that our blog posts are a little shorter over the next weeks until Jaime and I "go dark" for a week before ACFW's annual national conference. We are busy prepping our manuscripts for presentation to agents and editors.

Sharing: A fun link for coffee today is at Christian Fiction Historical Society: Coffee Houses History

2 comments:

  1. Is your husband a teacher or a college student? My son is eight, and he'll be starting the third grade this coming Monday. I doubt I'll make a special breakfast for him - since we head out so early, I barely have energy to do anything until I've had my large cup of morning coffee!

    I'm not sure if there are routines that I enjoy getting back into. I know back in my college days, I did "kinda" like going back to school after the summer was over!

    Thanks for sharing the link!

    ~Cecelia Dowdy~
    http://ceceliadowdy.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cecelia! My husband is a teacher. And my Dad was a teacher. So, it just feels like normalcy to me--this Fall routine of going back to school. I'd like to think of myself as a life-long learner. I understand about the morning coffee, and I assure you I'm guzzling my first cup while I flip french toast! I think we started the breakfast routine because I work late, and if supper if wimpy, or late, then at least we started the day right!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)